BDS Suspension UCA Kit (#121152) - NEW product? - Has anyone tried these yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was bumming around the BDS website yesterday and came across these. I have not seen them before, have not read about them in the TYForum, and started to wonder if anyone out there is running these on there setups?
They look pretty solid. As can be expected, price probably relates to quality, reputation and service.
You can check them out on the BDS website here: https://bds-suspension.com/product-display?sr=121152

BDS Suspension v2image - UCA Kit 2022.jpg

Safe Travels!

308er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just came across that product also while searching for UCAs. Would be nice to hear some feedback if anyone has used them. Per BDS "the ball joints are greaseable and can be pressed out and replaced down the road if needed."

Looking to replace my UCAs on '17 Z71 as will be leveling 2 inches. Anyone know of any other reputable UCAs (not ruling out BDS, but want to know my options).

Cognitos are good also, but are 10-12 weeks out.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the price also reflects the addition of SPACERS to run factory wheels...

i am running readylift UCA, roughly half this price and also factory wheels with zero issues. i went with ready lift as they were the only option for factory wheels.

308er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

i am running readylift UCA, roughly half this price and also factory wheels with zero issues. i went with ready lift as they were the only option for factory wheels.
How long have you been running them? I have 18s factory. If these will work with my wheels, I may opt for these also. My goal is to swap wheels/tires between summer and winter months.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cheaper and the fact that you can run factory wheels without the need of spacers would pretty much make me not even consider the bds over the readylift.

Are they both designed for lifted applications (as far as the ball joints go)?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
readylift recommended them to correct ball joint angles on my 2.5" / they have roughly 12-15K miles with zero issues.

OP
OP
Oh Kee Pah

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the great discussion.

Though I'm not in the market for UCAs, I think I'm sold on the idea that there are better "fits" out there in the marketplace for updated UCAs (installed on leveled rigs, particularly 2"+ ride height increase) and being integrated with a suspension setup utilizing OE Wheels. I wonder if having a 20" wheel vs. 18" wheel would reduce chances of rubbing with the BDS UCAs? I'm assuming the spacers are included for use with the OE wheels because of tire rub on the after market BDS UCA. Of course, narrower tires could possibly help too in reducing chances of rub.

I think the ReadyLift UCA is a great option; as @STORMIN08 mentioned previously. It can be purchased separately (around $425) or with the 4" SST Lift Kit (approx. $1,400).
-->
Interesting review from a Silverado owner with the READYLIFT UCAs installed:

"Great upgrade with one frustrating flaw

Bought these for my leveled Silverado. Good construction, greasable ball joints. Fit perfectly but one flaw. The ball joints have no allen wrench recess to stop them from spinning. This is complicated by Readylift including a locknut that immediately grabs the ball joint stud before seating. Solution is to use a regular M12 bolt to seat the joint, then remove it and install the lock nut."

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the spacer will be MORE SO need with the smaller diameter wheel, depending on BS, they barrel will touch the front of the upper arm.
these are far from ideal pics, but what you see is the front wheels edge at the lower portion of the pic, looking down at the arm. you can see how close a 22" wheel comes at 2.5" lift. this was a trial before purchase. most if not all aftermarket arms, are larger diameter tube and most are further forward than the stock arm. the 22" probably clears for this reason, where as a 17-18 may make contact at full lock.

Attachments

• 20210131_164421.jpg
    20210131_164421.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210131_164524.jpg
    20210131_164524.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 8

308er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if ReadyLift has caps to cover ball-joint recess on the UCA? I couldn't find anything on their site. Would really like to avoid dirt and debris collecting in that area.

Another reputable brand of UCA's for the Tahoes is DirtKing. Site below. They have tubular (599) and boxed (799). Both are in stock per their website. These are max 4.75inch backspacing.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look similar to the KSP arms that delivered yesterday. Unfortunately the ball joint in the left arm feels overly stiff and grinding vs the right which is stiff but smooth. I can't install this garbage.

Screenshot_20220227-222101.png
PXL_20220225_233059150.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt