BCM replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a new BCM for my 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Anyone buy a programmed one from anywhere? I did a search some shady websites show up.

I could just buy a non-programmed BCM but then I have to pay the dealer for programming. Anyone have that done?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a new BCM for my 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Anyone buy a programmed one from anywhere? I did a search some shady websites show up.

I could just buy a non-programmed BCM but then I have to pay the dealer for programming. Anyone have that done?
lots of places offer bcm programming, all you need to do is look at your existing one and make sure to get the same part number
you can go used they can be re-programmed. does not have to be NEW

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a bi-directional scanner that is compatible with your truck, you can purchase a subscription to GMC's Tech Line Connect, and you can program the BCM yourself. A bi-directional scanner should be part of your toolkit, as it will save you thousands of dollars in diagnostics over the life of the truck.

OP
OP
ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not buying extra tools right now and figuring out programming... I want it fixed easily as possible and without paying the dealer $700(thats what they quoted me). They also wat $175 just for the programming.

I found a website with good reviews that you send them your old BCM and they send you back a new one that is cloned to it, so it's plug and play. It's $250 for the whole package, I think I'll do that.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not buying extra tools right now and figuring out programming... I want it fixed easily as possible and without paying the dealer $700(thats what they quoted me). They also wat $175 just for the programming.

I found a website with good reviews that you send them your old BCM and they send you back a new one that is cloned to it, so it's plug and play. It's $250 for the whole package, I think I'll do that.
I purchased an ECU on ebay this way. worked fine

p1zaul

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the old one, was told I needed a be ECU and bcm and reset the whole truck with a new battery and everything works fine. Think it was the bad battery causing issues. Even after a new battery still didn't work until I reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660