BCM Programming... who and **?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
energizedtech

energizedtech

Reaction score
If you have a Tech2 alone you cannot flash I am guessing, needs the software on WinXP or the TIS2web ($$$) to connect up to GM to download the goodies then.

So the Tis2Web is a part of this?

1633551735180.png

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a Tech2 alone you cannot flash I am guessing, needs the software on WinXP or the TIS2web ($$$) to connect up to GM to download the goodies then.

So the Tis2Web is a part of this?

View attachment 352113
Yes, either Tis2web which I believe is $20 per VIN for unlimited programming or TIS2000 but be aware TIS2000 was a PIA for me. The Tech2 is needed as a pass-thru device between the laptop and the vehicle. Tis2web needs Win10 afaik, i know Win7 is no longer supported. Not sure about Linux, I don’t use it.

OP
OP
energizedtech

energizedtech

Reaction score
Yes, either Tis2web which I believe is $20 per VIN for unlimited programming or TIS2000 but be aware TIS2000 was a PIA for me. The Tech2 is needed as a pass-thru device between the laptop and the vehicle. Tis2web needs Win10 afaik, i know Win7 is no longer supported. Not sure about Linux, I don’t use it.
I'll probably use the TIS2web. It's $50USD for a 2 year per vehicle. I am presuming when they say "Per Vehicle" they really mean "Per vin" :)

OP
OP
energizedtech

energizedtech

Reaction score
I might be in luck for some testing, I have a BCM from a 2003 Tahoe with equal or more body options than my 2006 Suburban which the Wheel came out of. In "Theory" this could just plug in and work with the exception of the Dashboard which I believe still needs a code flash to work with the new options. The BCM without the use of Tech2 or TIS2Web or other goodies to download the software wouldn't automatically "update the dash"

I am presuming of course ....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be in luck for some testing, I have a BCM from a 2003 Tahoe with equal or more body options than my 2006 Suburban which the Wheel came out of. In "Theory" this could just plug in and work with the exception of the Dashboard which I believe still needs a code flash to work with the new options. The BCM without the use of Tech2 or TIS2Web or other goodies to download the software wouldn't automatically "update the dash"

I am presuming of course ....
Be aware you might need to relearn the Passlock or it might only be when you replace the engine control module, I’m not sure on the NBS. I know when I did the ecm on my 02 I had to relearn the Passlock but I never did the BCM on it.

Edit: I just looked it up on my alldatadiy and you do need to do the Passlock relearn procedure or it probably won’t start.

Last edited:
OP
OP
energizedtech

energizedtech

Reaction score
Yep very familiar with good old 30minute passlock learn.

So in theory, let's say I have a BCM already programmed with a different VIN from another truck with all the needed features
I have a dashboard shipped to me with all the goodies that the steering controls require turned on (Found a source for this)
Plug them in, relearn passlock
Should just work correct?

And yep this truck has already had a "mismatched BCM and Cluster" before so I think I'm ok on that part :)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep very familiar with good old 30minute passlock learn.

So in theory, let's say I have a BCM already programmed with a different VIN from another truck with all the needed features
I have a dashboard shipped to me with all the goodies that the steering controls require turned on (Found a source for this)
Plug them in, relearn passlock
Should just work correct?

And yep this truck has already had a "mismatched BCM and Cluster" before so I think I'm ok on that part :)
It should but you’ll still need to program the cluster to get the steering wheel controls to work I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts