BBP tune review...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DPGDirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the '03 Yukon tuned by Justin this past weekend.

Really surprised at all the improvements it made!

Power is definitely up. Not like installing a supercharger, but definitely noticeable.

Shift points are firmer. Will kick down to 2nd gear at any speed below 72mph.

Factory throttle response delay is gone. More responsive.

Engine runs much smoother! Seems like more power with less effort. I looked down at the speedo after the tune figuring I was probably doing 70mph on I-35. I was doing 90MPH!!! It just seemed effortless- like the truck wasn't working hard at all.

Removed the 98mph max speed limit. :)

The only downside is that my fuel pump is weak and the engine leans out at 5000 RPM's. The pump just can't keep up at that RPM. Gotta replace that asap.
Sux because the truck wants to rev freely to 5900 now, where it didn't have anything left up there before.

Apparently, the factory programs these trucks with numerous slop factors and delays. There is much room for improvement. Nice to have the lifetime tune updates available too for when I add other mods.

Thanks Justin!

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We know. This is what tunes are supposed to do. Actually it can be the best and only mod you need. Factory tunes are for 200k mile warranties and law suits. Enjoy your tune.

OP
OP
DPGDirk

DPGDirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you give us an update on gas mileage after?

I would...if I could keep my foot out of it!

Honestly, I never did a real world mileage test before. The display said I was averaging 14 MPG.

I hear of mileage increases with these tunes, but not sure if I'll ever know on mine... :)

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would...if I could keep my foot out of it!

Honestly, I never did a real world mileage test before. The display said I was averaging 14 MPG.

I hear of mileage increases with these tunes, but not sure if I'll ever know on mine... :)

That's my problem. It's alot more responsive and more fun to drive, so I think I end up around the same gas mileage

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking forward to this more than ever... just not sure if i should hold off till after the blower, ugh....