BATTERY/SECURITY/LOW FUEL etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STS1SS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
... so here is all of it...

January 2014: fuel pump failed, replaced

January 2014: injector issues, replaced all injectors, fuel filter and regulator

March 2014: MSG Center shows SECURITY/BATTERY/LOW FUEL flashing, AIRBAG indicator goes on, FUEL Gage goes to zero: researched online, found post from GM Mechanic saying to isolate offending module just pull fuse. I pull SRS Fuse and all problems cease (of course airbag light is on)

May 2014: MSG Center shows SECURITY/BATTERY/LOW FUEL/SERVICE 4WD flashing, AIRBAG indicator on, FUEL Gage goes to zero, Temp gage appears to stay off, Gear selector indicator is out, ABS light on, and sometimes, at very slow speeds and in dry conditions ABS activates and vehicle does not stop: Pull ABS fuse 60amp, and all problems cease.

A few days later MSG Center shows SECURITY/BATTERY/LOW FUEL/SERVICE 4WD flashing, AIRBAG indicator on, FUEL Gage goes to zero, Temp gage appears to stay off, Gear selector indicator is out, ABS light on: I do more research and in my alldata account find a GM tech bulletin with all the same details saying check for battery cable voltage drop. I do and find POS is OK, NEG has a 2v drop. I order the AC Delco part, install and no change. But my interior lights are VERY bright now

I clean up (very well) the ABS Ground under drivers door: no change

I just discovered my OBD port has power but can't connect to ECU (works on other vehicles, have a backup. it also doesn't work)

Any help would be great.

Binnmann

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any luck?

I know this is an old post, but I didn't see any follow up?

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
My completely uninformed opinion is that he needs a super duper technician to help diagnose it.

Or an exorcist.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My completely uninformed opinion is that he needs a super duper technician to help diagnose it.

Or an exorcist.

The the problem is his class 2 databus shorthing to ground. Thats what causes that issue

OP
OP
S

STS1SS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rest of the story...

OK, the problem was stupid simple.

In November 2013 we had the truck detailed. On the floor behind the driver seat was some mess that the detailer decided was best cleaned by drenching the area with literally gallons of hot soapy water.:wtf:

Well, under the driver's seat is the air bag module. The contacts were wet and corroded. This resulted in THAT data bus dropping, (I think there are 3 in that year/model).

So instant fix was disconnecting air bag module connectors. So now I have no airbags but all the other issues are fixed.

IF you buy a replacement, new or take off or whatever you will have to go to dealer with it UNPLUGGED and let them reprogram, cost $100 here. If you just plug :Nonono: it in you may end up on the internet as the dumba$$ who was too cheap to prevent his airbags from deploying at the first hard stop after install.

Let me know any questions.:hmmm2:

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
I would not be happy with whoever did that detail job.

And I would probably pay the $100, if I had to, so the airbags work again.

TheWhiteDevil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am experiencing a very similar problem and just posted under electrical gremlins. Can some one fill me in on how to isolate the offending data bus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts