Battery replacement time?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interestingly to me...picked up this 2005 GMC Yukon Denali last week...starts just fine...got it home and placed on my Deltran Battery Tender and brought battery to full capacity...driving around the last few days and no issues starting or running anything.

Today I decided to get a better picture of battery health...checked with my multimeter and got a strong 12.8 volts...then I hooked up my Cen-Tech (Harbor Freight) battery load tester...initially shows just like my multimeter until I checked it with a load test...shows just outside the yellow area (but only just) and 11 volts with a load...

does that mean the battery should be replaced???...the battery looks brand new (Autozone Duralast Gold) and I've copied down the embossed codes but haven't been able to decipher the actual date code...if it fails the load test I'd prefer to err on the side of caution and just replace...

what say the Forum???...any thoughts or experience you care to share is appreciated...

Bill

OP
OP
SilverSport

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for peace of mind and that I was able to get one at Costco (Interstate) for $99 when everywhere else wanted $40 more...I changed mine out yesterday...

thanks for sharing everyone...more tools for the toolbox (knowledge)

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo