Battery help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, you got a ppv. Unless you still got alot of police equipment on there, dual battery isnt really needed.
No it's not necessary, but I'm also not gonna delete it either... eventually it will be useful for audio and some headrest TVs for the kiddos...

bobo49505

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's shure nice in the winter dont half to worry about a dead battery or slow starting with 2 batteries

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If I could easily add a second battery to my rig, I would. Especially with the addition of audio and video aftermarket doo dads.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I could easily add a second battery to my rig, I would. Especially with the addition of audio and video aftermarket doo dads.
You can all you need is a battery tray, battery holder, and a couple cables for a parallel install.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks. I know the parts needed because I have done the add the battery thing before on another rig plus my old 73 Blazer that I built as a rock crawl 4x4 with one ton axles and all kinds of goodies, had a double battery set up. I was just wondering about the room. Anyone have pics for this on a NBS rig. Mine is a 2002.

Just went and popped the hood to look. I am assuming the go to spot is passenger side at the firewall? It's either that or a relocation of the air filter box. I guess the extra battery tray is a direct bolt in at the passenger firewall?

If I recall, from before, all I did was bolt in the tray and the new battery with the holder and had positive cable that ran from main battery to the positive on the new batttery and ran my ground to a spot on the block.

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's pics of my dual battery setup on my 06. The setup is very similar on my 09 Tahoe. Shockingly I don't have any pictures of my L9H.

20190707_133632.jpg 20190707_133617.jpg

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why is there two cables off of the positive? I thought all I would need is a long enough cable with two female connections from my main battery positive to the 2nd battery positive and a ground off of the 2nd battery to the block.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is there two cables off of the positive? I thought all I would need is a long enough cable with two female connections from my main battery positive to the 2nd battery positive and a ground off of the 2nd battery to the block.
I have one to the positive and the other one is going to the alternator. The 06 has RVC and I did it this way to make sure that other battery gets charged.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That one doesn't come with a CANdi module... if you look I think I saw one the other day for $380ish that came complete with a CANdi module...

I have one to the positive and the other one is going to the alternator. The 06 has RVC and I did it this way to make sure that other battery gets charged.

What gauge wire is that to the alternator?