Battery help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carsonb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need help! I have a 2014 PPV with dual batteries. It needs a new battery. Do I NEED to replace both at the same time, or can I wait a week to replace the second one? I assume that I for sure need to replace the passenger side, as it is the primary.

I’m sorry for not searching first, but I am using my phone, which is a pain to search with, and am a little anxious to get an answer.

Also, both batteries were massively corroded. What could be causing this? It’s my wife’s daily, so maintenance is a rare treat for it.

Thank you all for the help.
Carson

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah one battery at a time is fine.

Are you talking about corrosion on the battery post, terminals or both?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is it just because of the cost for two batteries that you don't replace both at the same time? You better watch your back when you can't see your wife if you replace just one at a time. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
C

carsonb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I went ahead and did both at the same time. It hurts the wallet, but it’s better than being stuck somewhere.
The corrosion was in both terminals of both batteries. Could it just have been that the batteries weren’t fully charging?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Corrosion is a hell of a resistance source and will keep batteries from charging fully. If there was that much corrosion it could also be inside the insulation of the battery cable near the ends and if is bad enough you will see the insulation swell out larger than the normal size of the cable. Unseen corrosion is as bad as seen corrosion. Hopefully you check both ends of all cables for tension and being clean. Check connections at the alternator too.

If you do all that then the wife owes you your favorite meal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic