Battery Distribution Compartment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DustaRimes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings,

Im not sure how to exactly word this. The post (I think the 175amp) on the battery distribution compartment that powers the Tahoe to START (2018 LTZ 5.3L) is dead. If I move the wire to the 125amp post the vehicle starts; however, it’s a lower wattage and it’s already got has another wire to power other things. Do I need to replace the whole distribution compartment or? I’m not sure what to do? Any advice is appreciated. TIA.

Attached is a picture of what I’m talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Im not sure how to exactly word this. The post (I think the 175amp) on the battery distribution compartment that powers the Tahoe to START (2018 LTZ 5.3L) is dead. If I move the wire to the 125amp post the vehicle starts; however, it’s a lower wattage and it’s already got has another wire to power other things. Do I need to replace the whole distribution compartment or? I’m not sure what to do? Any advice is appreciated. TIA.

Attached is a picture of what I’m talking about.
yes, replace the whole piece, they run around $100-120 typically, you might find it cheaper online like ebay/amazon/rockauto
I suppose you could bolt up a comparable fuse in it's place, that would be a "cheap" fix anyway, but otherwise it's not repairable.

**you will want to fix whatever caused it blow out in the first place, otherwise you will be doing it again. In my case I had wired up a car audio amp and it was internally shorted new out of the box and blew that same fusible link......
**also don't try to put a bigger fuse in it's place, the fuse is designed to blow to protect everything behind it, putting in a bigger fuse eleminates that protection and then you will really have problems.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confirm your part number on gmpartsgiant.com with your VIN:

View attachment 418326
I think the one for the silverado is little more I had to get one from the dealer I was dead in the water when it blew and glad it didn't fry anything else with it, I had my fingers crossed when I hooked the new one up.
places like autozone etc don't carry them or they didn't at the time anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo