Battery cable replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Megalomegalodon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had my BCM replaced in October 14 and everything seemed fine. This last Saturday my 07 Yukon XL Denali would not start. Towed to dealer thinking the BCM crapped out from a faulty install. They say my battery cables need to be replaced along with my now dead and non charge holding battery. Quoted $180.00 for each cable since they are not standard and wrap around the truck and $140 for a new battery. Total with labor around $900. Am I getting screwed here.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy them and replace them yourself. It's been done and talked about many times here...search around

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the negative terminal on the '08 Tahoe. It developed a short...kept acting like a dead battery until I opened the hood and jiggled the cable.

$165 installed. Took 90 minutes....the end that bolts to the frame behind the front clip is a pain to get to.

OP
OP
M

Megalomegalodon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$900 bucks that hurts. Thats y I try not to go to the stealership for any repairs
Went to dealer because I thought it was BCM again and they would fix for free. If I factor in cost of another tow and the rental I got it ends up close to what they want. Gonna try to get them to cut me a deal.

Quag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Searched around but could not find reference for replacing negative battery cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076