Basic - First Go Trying to tie up loose ends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staticuky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done quite a bit of reading on this site trying to get my foundation together however I think I only drew more questions opposed to answering questions as intended in my searching.

I have an 03 z71 Hoe with the BOSE system and unfortunately blew my front right speaker. Instead of simply replacing the one speaker I think this is a good excuse to pour some more money into this gas hog and upgrade all of the speakers and the head unit (it has some problems of it's own).

Which setup would you all recommend for retaining chimes. What am I missing in terms of adapters and harnesses for either setup?

- New HeadUnit
- Front Speakers: 2 Components
- Rear Speakers: 2 Coxaxial
- Multi-Channel Amp to power the speakers sending RCAs from head unit to amp

- New Headunit
- Front Speakers: 2 Components
- Rear Speakers: 2 Coxaxial
- Harness To bypass factory amp and powering speakers from headunit (From what I read that would provide more power than the factory amp??)

If I am missing something please alert me, this is going to be a learning experience from me and I'm looking for as much feedback as I can get before I buy.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do the first option, but it depends on what your budget is. Are you looking into a single or double din head unit. If you want double, look into the pionner avh-4200 model. This you can add navi to in the future, has 4volt outputs, and has a 8 band eq. I have the 4100 ( earlier model, but similar ) and love it. Is keeping the door chimes a must for you, then you need to get the harness for that which also retains the onstar i think.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well to retain the chimes you will have to get a harness but i dont think its worth all that just to retain chimes, i mean your dash has light indicators as well, but if you have the money I would go with option one using a multichannel amp to power the speakers, i also recommend the pioneer avh p4200 I have this model and i love it, also I would recommend getting the adapter that lets you use your steering wheel buttons if you have them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn