Base Denali suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2022 Yukon ordering guide is now active on the GMC website. I just configured a unit and I have a question regarding the base Denali suspension. I would like to have the air ride suspension but it requires 22" wheels which I do not want. If I don't opt for the air ride suspension, does the magnetic ride option still offer rear shock auto leveling?

Pifemaster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am assuming you want the rear to raise automatically if you put a load in/on the vehicle. Magnetic Ride Suspension does NOT auto level the rear suspension. For that, you need Adaptive Air Ride Suspension.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been wrestling with the same - wanting air ride with 20’s. Just bought an At4 because it was tough to find a Denali that way - but it is possible. If you use the online build price everything gets bundled and forces you to 22’s with air ride but a dealer can order the premium capability package on a vehicle with 20’s. I’ve seen them that way in dealer stock. So if you have time you may want to try that route.

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you want the rear to raise automatically if you put a load in/on the vehicle. Magnetic Ride Suspension does NOT auto level the rear suspension. For that, you need Adaptive Air Ride Suspension.
Yes, exactly what I want. My 2016 Denali does that. I checked my sticker to see if it was an option in 2016 and it was not listed as an option.

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been wrestling with the same - wanting air ride with 20’s. Just bought an At4 because it was tough to find a Denali that way - but it is possible. If you use the online build price everything gets bundled and forces you to 22’s with air ride but a dealer can order the premium capability package on a vehicle with 20’s. I’ve seen them that way in dealer stock. So if you have time you may want to try that route.
I’ll check with dealer. I have 22’s now and don’t want them again. But I want all of the other bells and whistles.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air ride suspensions a more trouble then they are worth. My cadillac has had the air pump replaced at least 6 times and I wouldn't subject myself to that again

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air ride suspensions a more trouble then they are worth. My cadillac has had the air pump replaced at least 6 times and I wouldn't subject myself to that again
No reason a well designed system should be problematic. Rams system in the pickups doesn’t seem to be - and they have now made it available on multiple vehicles. Whether GM’s system holds up is a fair question- count me as a guinea pig.

HottnesDenali

Reaction score
I have 20’s on my Denali if anyone wants to trade with me for the 22’s. My truck only have 870 miles.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats ridiculous. I have had many rear leveling GM systems over 25 years. Several over 100k with not one issue. I have had to do shocks and 1 compressor on 2 different vehicles. But 6 air pumps???!! You have another issue, that not near normal. The newer GM stuff is very stout and much better than years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989