Bang for the buck level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after looking at my Tahoe for the past 2 months, I am starting to warm up to the idea of leveling it. No desire for larger wheels/tires. I just think it will look better leveled. I have been looking and see that I have several options including spacers, or new front shock/struts. Don't want to drop a ton of cash since I am still heading towards getting new tires and I am pretty sure after the level and tires i'll need an alignment.

The Rough country kit is obviously the least expensive, but if I can spend a little more and get better performance I would entertain that as well. what are some good shock/struts I should check out? Are they easier to install than the spacers?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@madmanjustice For 1 to 2 inches of level I would suggest just getting a little spacer and an alignment. I will warn you that because of the body lines of this body style when you "level" the truck it can look squatted depending on how you look at it. The body lines of the 3rd gen are parallel with the ground when the Tahoe has factory rake to it. I "Leveled" my Tahoe and found it looked more squatted and ended up bringing up the rear to factory rake.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after looking at my Tahoe for the past 2 months, I am starting to warm up to the idea of leveling it. No desire for larger wheels/tires. I just think it will look better leveled. I have been looking and see that I have several options including spacers, or new front shock/struts. Don't want to drop a ton of cash since I am still heading towards getting new tires and I am pretty sure after the level and tires i'll need an alignment.

The Rough country kit is obviously the least expensive, but if I can spend a little more and get better performance I would entertain that as well. what are some good shock/struts I should check out? Are they easier to install than the spacers?
Rough Country and Bilstein sell struts that can raise the front of the truck. Superlift sells a 1.5" leveling kit that goes on top of the strut, PN# 40012. This was my plan until my wife hurt her hip.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these use the stock springs? It looks like they do jot do the full 2 in lift.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these use the stock springs? It looks like they do jot do the full 2 in lift.
@madmanjustice You can so stock springs, I used the MOOG 81244 front springs they will provide more lift than the stock spring. I would say that 1.5 inch lift in the front is the best amount for a level look.