Balancing beads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Curious if they work. My vehicle is always caught between two extremes... Either it sits for a while un-driven and gets flat spots in the tires, or I put a 1200 miles on the thing in a week. Pretty annoying getting re-balances constantly when they end up a half ounce off-kilter.

Of note: Do they actually work? They're flat spots and sitting I'm dealing with. Not a gross imbalance that's turning into a back massager.

Smaller beads? bigger beads? Are our TPM sensors set up in a way where they could be introduced through the valve core? Or need to break a bead and drop them in?

How much is appropriate to put in each tire?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used them on the tires on my Harleys, they worked great. But I believe our tires are too big unless you’re running 26’s or 28’s- the bead manufacturers have application charts and specific quantities to use for your tire/ wheel combination.
Edit: after looking at some charts it looks like 15-16-17-18’s are covered for the most part. Not sure if you can add them through the valve stems or if they work with TPMS sensors.

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id pass on em, used em once, lasted a week, then had em removed.

i get them flat spots from sitting too, it goes away in a few miles, once the tires heat up.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i get them flat spots from sitting too, it goes away in a few miles, once the tires heat up.
Flat spots from sitting? Like how long are we talking? Ever since the newborn and covid. My Yukon only gets driven on the weekends when I’m home from work

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1-3 weeks. Can lightly feel it on the freeway above 70, pretty pronounced at ~83 - seems to hit a resonance
Interesting. Might explain why my drive home from the dealership was wobbly over 70mph... that’s all sorted out though and I have new wheels and tires. Now I’m worried about my new tires lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why did you remove them? They worked great on my Harley wheels, especially the 26” front. There was no way I was putting external weights on a $3000 wheel.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you remove them? They worked great on my Harley wheels, especially the 26” front. There was no way I was putting external weights on a $3000 wheel.

i used em in my drag radials. worked ok if you drove normal, but if yo ulaunched it hard and fast, like at the track the beads never balance and i had to get out of the pass at the 300 foot mark in due to massive vibrations.

they work great in large wheels like for commercial trucks.

Flat spots from sitting? Like how long are we talking? Ever since the newborn and covid. My Yukon only gets driven on the weekends when I’m home from work

a week or so will do it in summer temps, (i used to switch off truck car truck car for work) it happens mostly in the cold temps, just parked over night i get flat spots/cold ass hard spots. happens on the hoe, and the regal i sold. the SS is parked on carpet, yet to notice it on that car. but it also has top of the line tires.

thought it was the hwy for a long time, till they re paved it, and well i still feel it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i used em in my drag radials. worked ok if you drove normal, but if yo ulaunched it hard and fast, like at the track the beads never balance and i had to get out of the pass at the 300 foot mark in due to massive vibrations.

a week or so will do it in summer temps, (i used to switch off truck car truck car for work) it happens mostly in the cold temps, just parked over night i get flat spots/cold ass hard spots. happens on the hoe, and the regal i sold. the SS is parked on carpet, yet to notice it on that car. but it also has top of the line tires.

thought it was the hwy for a long time, till they re paved it, and well i still feel it.
So it’s ok with them driving normal? I’m pretty sure @SnowDrifter doesn't care how they perform in a drag race situation. And they aren’t designed for that anyway.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Whack! Lol. My express van is my rolling toolbox so I have no choice but to drive that everyday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE