Bagging an 03 Hoe.....(56k Killer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbagd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I've finally started. I'm bagging my 2003 Tahoe. I started tonight on the rear and hope to have everything finished by tomorrow (or Sunday at the latest since this is my daily driver).

What I'm running

2 - Viair 480c Compressors
2 - 5 gallon aluminum air tanks
4 - Parker 1/2 air valves (fill)
4 - Parker 3/8 air valves (dump)
1/2 inch airline run to all four corners
1 - EAI 5 switch switchbox
3 - AVS dual needle guages w/ blue LEDs
DJM RK2000 rear trailing arm relocators and sway bar end links
DJM Drop Control Arms
McGaughy Drop Spindles
CoolCars rear air bag brackets
AVS torsion style front air bag brackets
Socal Diesel Overhead gauge mount (for front and rear bag PSI)
Custom gauge mount in dash (for tank PSI)

All the wiring and plumbing for airlines has already been completed (I started doing it on the weekends).

I'll try to take as many pics as possible so hopefully it will help others if/when they decide to do it. If there's anything you want pics of, let me know and I will try and get them.

With that being said....on to the pics!

Sitting in the garage ready to go
DSC02005.jpg

Sway bar endlinks and bottom shock mounts disconnected to allow the axle to drop down.
DSC02012.jpg

Starting to cut the bumpstops (DJM Free Travel Mod)
DSC02009.jpg

Prying it open to get the back side
DSC02010.jpg

Cut off bumpstop (before being grinded down)
DSC02017.jpg

Bottom bag mounts (these can be shortened if you want)
DSC02014.jpg

DSC02015.jpg

Mock-up of what bag setup would look like (on a spare rear axle I have)
DSC02019.jpg

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the finished setup.
One of these days I'll bag mine. One of these days.....

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet dude! Cant wait for the finished set up! you gonna be running stock rims or you have some sittin off to the side waiting to go on? Good luck!

OP
OP
A

airbagd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I didn't start until the afternoon, but we were able to get the back done, and start on the front. I'll have more pics of the front setup tomorrow night.

We ran in to a lot of fitment issues in the rear to make sure the bag wouldn't rub where the bumpstop bracket was. I ended up having to angle the bags a hair, to get the bolt through the upper spring perch.

My total measurement was a 6 1/2" drop from when I first started. I could probably gain another 1 1/2" - 2" by cutting down the cups.

It's nowhere near as low as I want it, but it's a start. Eventually I will be running a custom 4link with cut floor, but for now this will do.

For the front, I highly recommend getting a Torsion Bar tool to remove the torsion bars. I rented one from a guy on another forum for free...just had to pay shipping. It saves soooo much time.

Passenger side bag.

DSC02025.jpg

Drive side bag.

DSC02028.jpg

Aired out on the 22s (265/35/22).

DSC02030.jpg

ItsAdam1

Master Fabricator
Reaction score
those are some tall brackets I would cut them down. I think when I measured I had about 5" when the axle was fully compress. So the compressed slam bag is 3" to that left about 2" for the cups.. But I went with weld on axle brackets and very short upper cups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160