Bad Timken Hub Asembly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the grease looks cooked. I'd hate to think what the inside looks like with that much heat. Probably lousy machining and needed major heat to get it together. Junk. And China stuff has taken over for sure.

AC delco relay china.jpg I

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lovely.
Well, sending back the Amazon POS parts and going to try Summit. Unfortunately, I can't use Rock Auto since they won't ship to my state (Colorado).

Rock Auto WILL ship to certain areas in Colorado, as long as the area (either incorporated or not) has given the State the authorization to administer taxes. For example, I can have things shipped to my son's place, which is in the same county but in an unincorporated area. But the Town I live in administers its own taxes so, no go for shipping to my place.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's true. Even French wine becomes knock-off in China. China can sell French wine there more than France annual exporting.

My favorite story of China knock off culture was the fake Apple store in China. It was a duplicate of an Apple store, sold all Apple knock off products, the employees all thought they were Apple employees, they even had a Genius Bar to help the customers use their fake Apple products...

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I might be wrong, actually ya I got Moog's, they had a blue cord for the ABS sensor but I can tell you right now, I would not install that on my truck. I would take it back where you got it and ask for an exchange and check it in store before leaving to make sure you have one you like. If they all look like that, I would go with MOOG.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of ours went bad at about 65k. Our mechanic said our Chevy trucks are know for that. He drives a GMC so he's might be snooty.

irwires

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go online and look up Timken Bearing Corp. Go to their site and look for where to buy or call them to find a parts dealer.
Many places on the web to buy their products.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of ours went bad at about 65k. Our mechanic said our Chevy trucks are know for that. He drives a GMC so he's might be snooty.

Aren't they the same part number for Yukon (GMC) and Tahoe (Chevrolet)?

Joeltz

Reaction score
Hi.

I recently purchased two new Timken SP500301 hub assemblies for my 2009 Tahoe LT. Unboxing both hub assemblies, I noticed some grease around the area where the sensor wire attaches to the hub. Both hub assemblies are doing this and I provided a picture of one of them. Is it normal to expect something like this coming from the box? I wouldn't think so and would expect this area to be clean. Please, let me know if you think this may be a problem.
Also, one hub assembly has what looks like burn marks or where the metal overheated near a couple of places where the wheel stud is attached. I attached some pictures. Again, I would not expect this for a new part.
Anyway, I mostly want to know if these parts are OK to use, or if you would return them for another set.

View attachment 278312 View attachment 278313 View attachment 278314
Similar Situation ordered from som company that had American Flag on website picture
The bok looked like it was opened and the part was repacked The antilock sensor wire was CUT.... I wrote back within a day or two wanting return ... they said we will mail you a generic sensor Timken did not have one... im sending it Back..... They said NO Just keep it and credited my Full purchase price... and Keep it. The original sensor worked. I think that seller that was 30$ cheaper ... Sent returns & known defective parts Thinking some people will just put them in anyway ??? Then Sell the vehicle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645