Bad pcm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rashod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
04 gmc Yukon with 140,000 miles. Recently I started having a problem, I'll start my Yukon and after 6 seconds it shuts off. I've replaced fuel filter, plugs, wires, coils, injectors and mass air flow sensor and intake gaskets. Has anyone had similar problems?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
04 gmc Yukon with 140,000 miles. Recently I started having a problem, I'll start my Yukon and after 6 seconds it shuts off. I've replaced fuel filter, plugs, wires, coils, injectors and mass air flow sensor and intake gaskets. Has anyone had similar problems?

Welcome to the forum.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you checked the fuel pressure? if it fires and runs fine and then dies 6 seconds later that would be my first suspect, if the security light is flashing that could be a problem but generally that would make it start and die almost instantly not 6 seconds later.

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds almost identical to what my 2001 Yuke did when I bought it. That turned out the be the fuel pump.

Make sure the SECURITY alert doesn't continue in the DIC (Omni-Idiot-Light) after you turn the key. That *should* kill the engine a lot faster, but old electronics being what they are, the security interlock could also be the culprit.

Your mileage may vary on this. My experience with the fuel pump was sort of the opposite of fun, filled with language my mother would not appreciate me using and several periods of depressing introspection about my choice to attempt it myself. I, however, am not a mechanic by any means.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listen for the fuel pump running when you turn the key, If not, then swap the FP relay with the A/C relay and retry. Of course make sure you do have fuel in the tank.

OP
OP
R

Rashod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealers has already ruled fuel pump out and the security system. Their saying its $800 to put a new PCM in. I'm sure I can put a used unit in myself but will it have to be programmed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts