Bad HID Ballast???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's because they're in your stock housings... ;) j/k

That sounds like the ballast to me. What happens when you swap the ballast from the drivers side to the passengers side?

btw, love your sandals... lol. I hear they're suppose to be real comfortable.

Last edited:

siktaho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try switching the ballast around. By the sound it may be your bulb that's bad not the ballast.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Hahahaha real funny......jk. Sorry should have put more info. I switched sides and both bulbs work fine, the other ballast made it light up, no sounds or problems.

I made a thread about what else do i need need besides hids and nobody replied. Projectors, housings, etc and no one answered. All i can say is i tried.

What else do you think i need? I dont wanna blind people or have the glare. I want it to be legit, i just cant afford blackflamedcustoms kinda work....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Sandals are dope my friend. Comfortable as hell.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. You need a relay harness. It allows full power/voltage to the ballast so they don't go bad. Google it to find out more info

2. BG can custom make you some headlights, or you can get some projectors online like Regency's. They won't be as good as BG's or other actual retros like black flames, but the glare won't be as bad

3. I might finally have to break down and get a pair.

OP
OP
CHOO CHOO

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, might have to hit up BG.

The guy I got them from (on here) said I didnt need a relay harness...hmmm. Dont wanna call anyone out ya know...

Damn I need more monies.......

You will love the shoes, just dont get cheap knock offs. I have vibrams and looove them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19