bad ABS module???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupremeAboriginal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my traction control and emergency brake lights are both on while stabilitraxk message reads above steering wheel. is it a bad ABS module? also, i have to press brake to the floor to stop vehicle.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did that all start? Suddenly, all phenomena at the same time? Or what was first?

If the ABS module is defective, the braking system must continue to function, as the hydraulics are only supported by the ABS. If you can floor the brake pedal, the first thing you should do is check if you have brake fluid in the reservoir.

Can you scan the vehicle to check for error codes?

OP
OP
SupremeAboriginal

SupremeAboriginal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it happened all at once, i'm getting it scanned tomorrow....a buddy of mine sold me a refurbished abs module just in case....i pray it isn't a bad brake line

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First check, if there is brake fluid in the brake fluid reservoir.

Then check if you have brake support.
You can feel it, if you step on the brake pedal, while your engine is off. When you turn the engine on, you should feal a support on the brake pedal.

Then get error codes.

But I assume you have a leaking sytem or a lack of brake fluid, propably combined with other problems, because if the ABS fails, for whatever reason, the brakes and the brake support should work without any limitations.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no emergency brake light, it’s a brake light telling you there is something wrong with your brakes. Sounds to me like you have major brake failure happening, thus the stabilitrack, traction control and ABS are all disabled. Find out what the main issue with the brakes is, fix that and then see if you get all the other functions back before you try fixing the ABS system. None of those systems will work if your brakes are failing. I wouldn’t be driving it until you get the brakes fixed, you might suddenly lose the ability to stop at all.

OP
OP
SupremeAboriginal

SupremeAboriginal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The diagnosis is: brake fluid leak behind the fuel tank recommended repairing vs changing out. recommended rear pads to be changed (which i planned on getting done this spring anyways).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The diagnosis is: brake fluid leak behind the fuel tank recommended repairing vs changing out. recommended rear pads to be changed (which i planned on getting done this spring anyways).
If you have leaking brake lines in one place, they’re probably rusted throughout and imo you’d be best to replace them but it’s not my money lol. I’d just be concerned that they might completely fail at a bad time. There’s guys here who have done the complete lines, but I haven’t. We don’t get rust here much, no salt on the roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas