Back sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
its an 8 and I just pulled mine a few days ago to put it in a ported box.
-basically you start from the bottom theres a plastic piece that runs along the bottom of and back hatch if you pull on it it will pull out of all the clips.
-then you need to twist off the little black round thing on the panel covering the sub near the hatch door and pop out the plastic push pin.
-then up by the second row there is a 9/32 bolt holding the very back panel to the one that covers the seatbelt for the second row.
-then go back to the back. pull off the plastic trim that covers the top of the cargo door area. pretty much the same as the bottom.
-then the rear pillar piece can come out and you will have to unplug the speaker thats back there.
-then you can pull out on the panel covering the sub and it should pop off and give you access to the sub which if i remember correctly takes two 3/8 bolts to remove the box and then a torx bit to remove the sub from the enclosure.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
its an 8 and I just pulled mine a few days ago to put it in a ported box.
-basically you start from the bottom theres a plastic piece that runs along the bottom of and back hatch if you pull on it it will pull out of all the clips.
-then you need to twist off the little black round thing on the panel covering the sub near the hatch door and pop out the plastic push pin.
-then up by the second row there is a 9/32 bolt holding the very back panel to the one that covers the seatbelt for the second row.
-then go back to the back. pull off the plastic trim that covers the top of the cargo door area. pretty much the same as the bottom.
-then the rear pillar piece can come out and you will have to unplug the speaker thats back there.
-then you can pull out on the panel covering the sub and it should pop off and give you access to the sub which if i remember correctly takes two 3/8 bolts to remove the box and then a torx bit to remove the sub from the enclosure.

+1 what he said.... :waytogo:

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
gotta love how these trucks are snap together lol i was surprised there werent hidden screws everywhere like on all my old cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz