back doors won't unlock...help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
phattyford,

Agreed, sounds like a door actuator issue. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
phattyford,

Agreed, sounds like a door actuator issue. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Louis,

Is GM addressing this known issue? Are they going to install higher quality actuators? What if the vehicle it out of warranty?

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree, if this is such a common problem, as well as the dash cracking situation, how come GM doesn't take car of this common problem. RECALL maybe? Seems fair as we are driving around in $40k vehicles.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mgyver1,

The door actuator issue was offered as a possible cause, not a diagnosis. I am not a technician, if you are experiencing this issue, please consult with a certified technician. They will be able to offer additional information regarding what repair work is needed, and parts involved. I'm sorry, but door actuators are not covered outside the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mgyver1,

The door actuator issue was offered as a possible cause, not a diagnosis. I am not a technician, if you are experiencing this issue, please consult with a certified technician. They will be able to offer additional information regarding what repair work is needed, and parts involved. I'm sorry, but door actuators are not covered outside the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Louis
GM Customer Service

so i went to the dealership today and they wanted $85 just to touch the truck and figure out whats going on. $85 just to look! NO THANKS!!! that crap is such a scam!

deviousz28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i went to the dealership today and they wanted $85 just to touch the truck and figure out whats going on. $85 just to look! NO THANKS!!! that crap is such a scam!

Mine were all replaced under warranty, the drivers side twice. The drivers side is bad again, so I don't think GM has changed anything to keep this from happening again, my 2002 Suburban was such a better truck, why did I sell it :emotions122: Search for Paul's name on google with door locks added to the search string. You will see pics of the problem.

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mgyver1,

Louis
GM Customer Service

What do you mean "offered as a possible cause?" My point was that you have a vehicle which utilizes a certain part. That part is constantly failing in vehicles only months old (All four of mine broke in less than a year). While I do understand lock actuators are not an item commonly covered by any manufacturers warranty, this is a KNOWN problem that GM has used a poor quality product that continually fails. Why would GM not step up and do the right thing by either putting in a better part or replacing them outside of warranty?

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean "offered as a possible cause?" My point was that you have a vehicle which utilizes a certain part. That part is constantly failing in vehicles only months old (All four of mine broke in less than a year). While I do understand lock actuators are not an item commonly covered by any manufacturers warranty, this is a KNOWN problem that GM has used a poor quality product that continually fails. Why would GM not step up and do the right thing by either putting in a better part or replacing them outside of warranty?

+1!

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mgyver1,

I understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. If you would like to set-up a case regarding this matter, I would be happy to assist you. If interested, please PM me your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, vehicle VIN and the name and city of your preferred dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service