back doors won't unlock...help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for some reason or another my back doors are starting to have a mind of their own. sometimes they'll unlock, other times they won't. I've hit the unlock button from the driver door and on my key fob multiple times and they still won't unlock. its just the rear doors though. my gate is unlocking and the front doors unlock. has anyone had this problem before or heard of this? please share how you fixed it or am i gonna have to take it to the dealership?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like door actuator failure ... the most common of all issues with these trucks.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Both of your rear door lock actuators have crapped out. It's a known Tahoe/Yukon problem. They will need to be replaced.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Sounds like door actuator failure ... the most common of all issues with these trucks.

:emotions122:
You beat me by seconds.

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 3rd that. All 4 of mine have had to be replaced. Poor quality product used

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is it. On mine (obs) the rod from the actuator came a loose from the handle. Just took cover off and made a quick fix with duck tape, lol. Holding up for a year now.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My advice is to take it in and hold your breath when the service manager tells you the price to fix it.

Some service managers, knowing that it's a known issue that should have been recalled, will kindly swap 'em out of warranty.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Also if you wanna try it yourself:

[yt]OI3yEv6kbx4[/yt]

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

And if you need the part numbers:

front drivers :25-81-17-35 (25811735)
front pass :25-87-63-88 (25876388)
rear drivers : 25-87-63-89 (25876389)
rear pass:25-87-63-90 (25876390)

:)

deviousz28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can send them to Paul in Atlanta and he can repair them. Below is a message from him.

We are all pretty sick and tired of visiting the dealer to have these actuators replaced over and over and we would like to put an end to this. I know many of you are like me and frequently drive with kids in the car and do not like the safety risk of having locks that only work sometimes. Its unacceptable in an inexpensive vehicle, and ridiculous in vehicles as expensive as these. While GruvenParts.com specializes more in similar problems with German cars, we are happy to step in and also look at any vehicle problems we can offer assistance on. I also recently bought a 2008 Tahoe, so fixing this issue is very important to me.

We have sourced several replacement motors which we can use in the repair. As some of you may or may not already know, the OEM motor within the actuator has a special end bell and is not available on the aftermarket (in quantities less than several million).

Because of this, we will need to modify the actuator case slightly to accommodate the type of motor we CAN procure.

What we need from our customers is more lock actuators from GM 2007 and on vehicles – either functioning or not functioning. Once you send them to us, we’ll dismantle the actuator, alter the case, install the more durable replacement motor, and send it back to you. There will be no cost for this service, aside from the shipping fee to send us your old actuators. We will ask you to provide your input on how the repaired actuator is holding up from time to time. We expect you to use it as much as possible and report status every few months.

If you can help us, and would like to receive a free repaired actuator with a more durable electric motor in it, please send your old actuator (complete, intact, as removed from vehicle) to the following address :

GruvenParts.com LLC
PO Box 20834
Atlanta, GA 30320

Please include your return shipping address and a brief note as to the condition of the actuator you are sending (ie, working, not working, working sometimes, ect…).

Please email me with a tracking # if possible so I know its coming. We are only accepting actuators from customers within the US during this free repair offer timeframe.

PLEASE NOTE : We cannot guarantee that we can repair your broken actuator. We’ll try, but if the damage is beyond repair, or the actuator you send for some reason is totally different than what we have been repairing, we would not be able to repair it. I cannot say for certainty if we can repair it until I see it. Unrepairable actuators will be discarded or returned to the sender at the senders request.

Please feel free to post this message on the forums to anyone having issues with the 2007 on GM door lock actuators.

Thanks,

[email protected]
www.GruvenParts.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar