Back Again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk21

Reaction score
I had to make another account, looks like I went too long with signing in maybe.

Had a 2017, then 2018 Suburban Premier. Sold the 18 for a 2020 Lexus LX. It was good but I sold it.

Just signed papers and all for an incoming 2022 Yukon Denali. My first GMC after many Chevys. ETA 2-6 weeks. Very excited!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to make another account, looks like I went too long with signing in maybe.

Had a 2017, then 2018 Suburban Premier. Sold the 18 for a 2020 Lexus LX. It was good but I sold it.

Just signed papers and all for an incoming 2022 Yukon Denali. My first GMC after many Chevys. ETA 2-6 weeks. Very excited!
Welcome back.

Maybe one of the nice admins can merge your new account with your old account.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score

Besides good, how else would you say the Lexus LX was?

I couldn’t believe how much their starting price is at almost $90k

OP
OP
S

sickk21

Reaction score
Besides good, how else would you say the Lexus LX was?

I couldn’t believe how much their starting price is at almost $90k
It was a mixed bag really. The seats were much more comfortable, the suspension was much more compliant compared to MRC. MRC felt like a busted Mexican hay wagon. MPG was really bad. I got to where I really wanted a third row again (3 kids + friends). And the third row in that thing tumbling up the sides was a joke all around. I know the redesigned one has a normal third row now but I’m not exactly in the six figure market again currently. It didn’t track well on the highway. Always took corrections and became fatiguing compared to the suburban. One of my main reasons coming back to GM is I’ve always had a soft spot for them regardless, but the dealer network is much closer to my somewhat rural town. The nearest Lexus dealer is 1 of 2 in the state, and is 3 hours away.

I got the Denali at MSRP. Its not fully loaded either and opted for the SWB, makes me feel like I’m being sensible. Haha

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back, and I wish you the best of outcomes, when your new truck arrives.

OP
OP
S

sickk21

Reaction score
5981F551-01CA-4CDF-BC43-26E5A33CAF54.jpeg

It finally came in and I picked it up yesterday. Extremely impressed with how much better MRC is over the last gen. Was nervous about the very dark ash interior because I’ve never seen it in person and am not a fan of GM’s colored plastics but it doesn’t look at bad all.

Last edited:

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours looks just like ours, white, 22 inch wheels, retractable side boards, correct? We have the sunroof and captains chairs in the second row and the sliding center console. We have the teak and sand interior. Love it so far. Drives great and everything works and feels "softer" or more subtle than the 2021 Grand Cherokee L that we traded. I really did not like the Jeep adaptive cruise control and we do not have it on our Denali.

OP
OP
S

sickk21

Reaction score
Yours looks just like ours, white, 22 inch wheels, retractable side boards, correct? We have the sunroof and captains chairs in the second row and the sliding center console.
Correct and same. I haven’t been in the new GCs but I had a 2015 Overland. My wife currently has a 21 XC90. Loudest, worst riding vehicle I’ve ever been in ever.

Only thing I’m not really a fan of is the narrower tires on the 22s compared to the previous gen. They make this thing look so narrow and tall lol

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I did the same thing, had 2 Tahoes, 3 Suburbans, and now went for Yukon XL...super happy. Welcome back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny