Awd not engaging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonb100272

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
05 yukon xl denali. 6.0. 170k iowa truck. I got stuck on my own property 6inch snow slight hill when trying to go the abs was going nuts. Did not get hung up . Pulled it out and lost brakes 0 fluid. Replaced rear brake lines . Have brakes. But awd is not engaging. Making that abs sound. 2 times trying to accelerate on ice it feel on its face like no fuel i backed of the pedal and it came back. I had a slight grind on drivers front turning right. So I Replaced both front hubs with abs sensors. Still no awd . Any thoughts?

HD_LS

Reaction score
How does it behave if you turn stabilitrac off with the dash button? This should turn off the engine power cut back part of the traction control, and prevent it from abruptly cutting power.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your 2005 have full time All Wheel Drive or does it have a 4WD selector switch for 2HI, 4HI, Auto 4WD and 4L? I thought the Denali’s only came with AWD or full time All Wheel Drive, but could be mistaken.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Does your 2005 have full time All Wheel Drive or does it have a 4WD selector switch for 2HI, 4HI, Auto 4WD and 4L? I thought the Denali’s only came with AWD or full time All Wheel Drive, but could be mistaken.

X2

@jasonb100272
If you have a gear selector would you please post a picture of it. TIA

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you are having traction problems pull the abs fuse, after the weather clears up put the fuse back, the abs light will be on while the fuse is out, it will go back to normal when you replace the fuse.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
If I tried to go on nothing but ice under all 4 wheels mine would cut power too. I thought it was normal operation to cut power when it thought they were all spinning (unless traction control/ stability button was pressed at least). Awd isn’t full time 4wd. Something I’m missing?

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have visual confirmation that neither front wheel is trying to help pull on snow and ice?
Never been a fan of awd, because some people (not necessarily you) think it works like 4 wheel drive.. it doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401