Aux switches in place of the homelink buttons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKaechler

Reaction score
On my 2011 Tahoe, there are the normal 3 homelink buttons overhead. This model has the sunroof control and the power hatch control up there as well.

I am considering that row of homelink buttons (which i will never use) as a spot to put 4 small toggles for various other stuff. I know i wont be able to make it look just as if my mod was stock, but I could put a small trim panel over the homelink button holes. I have been trolling around on this site to see if anyone has done a similar mod, and how they handled it?

I find no results?

On youtube i found a guy who repurposed the actual homelink circuit board to control a few latching relays, but i dont think i want to go there.
I really like the look of the Auxbeam switch panels, but those are 8 or 6 positions, and seem too large for the available space.

anyone know of a thread that discusses this?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one or two people I have seen post's doing something like you are talking about but with 1.7 million post's and a fubar search function it's pretty much good luck with finding it.
sorry I can't point you right at something

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theoretically you can use Google. Your search string would look something like this:

<search string> site: tahoeyukonforum.com

You might want to start with "buttons" or "homelink"

It's 3 AM here and I am exhausted and suffering insomnia, or I'd give you some sample results.

Good luck; your project sounds like something worth pursuing.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would there be a chance your Homelink Panel might possibly, maybe work in a '98 ? And if you were absolutely, certainly, positively never gonna use it again ... well ....

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You looking for homelink panel mean? If I figure something to put up there, you can have mine. Looking on ebay and wiring diagrams, its 3 wires (power, ground, backlight)

kind of like the ford upfitter toggle switches, but not sure they would fit back there..

Im already installing aux switches in console, BUT if I need some more .. (abs defeat comes to mind though i haven't needed it yet, i have slid down a muddy slope in my old toyota sequoia and i think it was the abs.. felt like it would not brake.. thought i was gonna slide right into a tree)

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be looking for one, but only if it's for a '98 series and only if I can install it without making it look hacked in. I do not have the upper console that it installs into though as far as I can tell. I just had the headliner replaced, so I will not be modifying anything up there.

Maybe there might be another place to put it somehow?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks the same but older ones don't seem to have the led. They do have a bunch of them on ebay as well..

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've invested in an experiment with a later generation homelink system to port it back to our generation of SUVs/Trucks. Unfortunately, it was premature; I still haven't actually put everything together yet. Once I do test it, I'll report back the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts