AutoRide delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Would an ALC trimset calibration convince the Truck that the ride hight is ok anyway?

I think it probably would but I have never tried it.

I thought about this after getting my Tech 2 but haven't had time to mess with it.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread. I raised the front of my Yukon 1" to get it more level, by using cheap spacers under the front struts. I did raise the lower attachment of the sensor arm to compensate. For 1' lift on the body, I used 3/8" additional height on the sensor pickup point.

I think using threaded rod is probably a much better approach, especially if you are doing trial and error. I think if you were unsure where it was before you lifted, I would detach one of the pickup points on the rear sensor and find its mid point on the sensor swipe range. Then measure the additional length needed to get that sensor to that spot in its range when attached to the stock locations.

Given the motion ratios involved (a lot of body motion means a little movement in the sensor arm), I would expect without a relearn, measurements will need to be pretty close to make the auto level happy.

I also agree a relearn using a Tech 2 would probably reset the sensor value expectations in the ESCM (it is what you have to do when the ESCM is replaced), but as @Rocketman pointed out, as long as you have enough travel left in sensor for any expected bumps and droop motion.

PS, my rear end height is stock. I can try and get a picture of the sensor at stock height if that will help in getting close first try. Also, I think you will need to space the front sensor as well to avoid codes if you still have the Autoride shocks up front.

Last edited: