AutoRide delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Pull the negative cable FIRST before pulling the fuse or the BCM will see it and set the message in the dash. Then reconnect the battery. I’m just not sure what the fuse is labeled in an 08 so you need to find it first. I know in some trucks it’s not labeled at all. Someone else can help with that hopefully.

It worked! Finally did this today and it worked! Thanks man!

Its Fuse#61 (Alc/comp). “Automatic Leveling Control Compressor.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Took ya a couple weeks but I’m glad you got around to it! Good to hear it worked. I hate dash lights, so annoying.

Wait...it didn’t work. :sad72: Started it up tonight for the second time and the code came back sadly. Oh well...will try it again maybe in a couple more weeks. ;)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...it didn’t work. :sad72: Started it up tonight for the second time and the code came back sadly. Oh well...will try it again maybe in a couple more weeks. ;)
Dammit. I’m pretty sure that’s the right method.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Spacers front and rear?

Did you ever install longer rods on the ride height sensors?

Spacers front and rear, and I never installed longer rods. I also didn’t mark where the sensors lie without the lift, so I believe it would be a guessing game at how long of rods I would need. I’ve thought about removing the lift, marking where the sensors are, and then installing the lift again with the appropriate rod length to match the OEM sensor level.

I was really hoping removing the fuse would have taken care of it.

Maybe I’m over thinking the whole rod length?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Spacers front and rear, and I never installed longer rods. I also didn’t mark where the sensors lie without the lift, so I believe it would be a guessing game at how long of rods I would need. I’ve thought about removing the lift, marking where the sensors are, and then installing the lift again with the appropriate rod length to match the OEM sensor level.

The rear rod length is probably what is causing the light to be illuminated.

When you lift it without lengthening the rod the auto level thinks it needs to release air from the system to bring the rear end down, so it tries to but the rear end stays up because of the spacers, so when it can't bring it down it sets the service suspension light to let you know there is an issue.

Similar with lowering the rear. If you don't shorten the rods then the auto leveling compressor just inflates the air shocks to bring the rear end back up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just get some threaded rod or screws , cut the head off the screws so you have allthread in the same size and pitch as the OEM rods and add 1/4” to the overall length. Try them and if they don’t work add another 1/4” and keep experimenting until they’re the right length. I use a Dremel with cutoff wheel to cut them with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne