Autocal Questions, need retune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
I had my truck tuned by Justin last year at an in-person tuning meet in Bridgewater, NJ. Recently I purchased a Performabuilt lvl 2 transmission, a procharger kit, and will be also upgrading the cam and stall converter.

I will be needing a retune soon and was interested in the autocal, but not 100% sure on how it works. After reading the website, from my understanding it allows you to be tuned remotely, but does it also allow you tune on your own and check codes at all? Also, would I be able to have 2 separate tunes on it, for example, a performance tune, and a better MPG tune?

And would someone be able to PM with a bare unit price with a retune?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
autocal is a great unit. It give you the ability to Read and clear dtcs. You can use it to log a drive cycle and you can send the files to Justin to review. The best part, it can hold up to 5 tunes on the unit. They can be swapped in and out between your unit and pc at any time. You can flash you pcm with any tune and it takes no longer than 1 minute. Lets say you have a tune for 87 gas and a 93 and you want to use 93 gas. Flash in the 93 tune and your good to go. No need to send pcms in for retunes. You have that ability to do it yourself.

When you get your autocal unit its straight foward how to operate and set it up. You will need to Plug it into your Dlc and record a log file of your truck. in the directions are specific Driving patterns you need to do so Justin can make the best adjustments according to your log files. Hope that helps. Oh best thing is, You need to bring your truck into the dealer and need to reset it back to factory, Load in factory tunes and off to the dealer you go. Reflash your BB tunes once your done

OP
OP
Phantomx55

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Thanks, really gotta get it asap. Gonna be starting this project real soon. I know I need a retune after the cam/supercharger, but can you run at all on the stock tune? Just thought you need to run it a bit for the autocal to collect some data for the tune, but I don't want to risk detonation with a supercharger on a N/A tune.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Typically, we send customers a base tune to get their system up and running. We then request a datalog to further dial in the tune.

OP
OP
Phantomx55

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Ok awesome. Sent a payment and an email to Justin yesterday for the autocal base unit. Might need separate base tunes for cam only and later cam+supercharger if I am unable to install at the same time.

OP
OP
Phantomx55

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Received autocal today, installed software and plugged it in, but the driver install fails and it doesn't recognize it's plugged in. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong?

OP
OP
Phantomx55

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Yes, but it keeps telling me file not found.

Edit: Tried on my old laptop and everything installed fine on there. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling everything again

Edit x2: This is the error I am getting when trying to open the scan&tune file. I've reinstalled it multiple times and still this error.

efierror.png

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Did you download the latest version of EFILive? The fact that you got it to run on one laptop and not the other is what leads me to believe that it is something with the one computer.

OP
OP
Phantomx55

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Yea I believe it was version 8.1, downloaded the same version on the other computer and it works fine. If I have to, I'll just use the other comp..but the battery is shot on that one and can't really bring it anywhere. Wanted to see if you recognized that error at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman