Auto Stop Not Working (yeah?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi - here’s a weird one. Picked up my ‘21 SLT Yukon (2500 miles) from GMC service dept, was in for the airbag switch recall and replacing the window washer pump. Driving it home I noticed the “auto stop” is not auto stopping! Tried several times and sat for over 2 minutes with no stop. Prior to service it stopped after 5-10 sec of not moving. I’m torn between being happy that the annoying feature is not working vs. wondering if there are other things that I haven’t noticed yet that aren’t working after this service visit. I left a message with service and asked if they possibly flashed a new program or something that might have effected the auto stop. Waiting for a call back.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the internal cabin temp doesn't match what you have it set to, then the auto off won't engage. Not sure if that's the situation with you, but it's something I learned listening to one of the reviews for the '21 Yukon.

OP
OP
N
Reaction score
Quick follow-up. Service is telling me after disconnecting battery during service, it may require some drive time to get battery voltage back up. Apparently vehicle won’t allow auto-stop until battery is at full voltage. We’ll see!

G-Frog

Reaction score
Owner's manual page 229:

Auto Stops may not occur and/or Auto Starts may occur because:
- The climate control settings require the engine to be running to cool or heat the vehicle interior.
- The vehicle battery charge is low.
- The vehicle battery has recently been disconnected.
- Minimum vehicle speed has not been reached since the last Auto Stop.
- The accelerator pedal is pressed.
- The engine or transmission is not at the required operating temperature.
- The outside temperature is not in the required operating range.
- The vehicle is shifted out of D (Drive) to any gear other than P (Park).
- Tow/Haul Mode or other driver modes have been selected.
- The vehicle is on a steep hill or grade.
- The driver door has been opened or the driver seat belt has been unbuckled.
- The hood has been opened.
- The Auto Stop has reached the maximum allowed time.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto stop also won't kick on if you're AC temp is at the lowest - which is basically the same thing as said above. Even if you put it at 62 it'll still turn off a lot but at low auto stop never kicks in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt