Auto Stop while in motion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people I know will PERMANENTLY disable the auto stop-start function. There are several devices on the market that do this. There's one that mounts under the hood that completely takes it away. My preference is another product that mounts behind the dash. It is super easy to install once you pop off part of the dash. A YouTube video shows you how to do this. On my GM vehicle it will permanently remember how I've pushed the override button for stop-start. Every time I start my car, I instantly get a display showing that stop-start has been disabled. Remember, this technology does NOTHING to improve gas mileage. It only helps with the unrealistic tests done by the EPA stop-start technology will wear out your engine faster, the sooner you get rid of it the better.
It's ones prerogative to have it on or off but it helps and causes no issues. https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/do-stop-start-systems-really-save-fuel.html

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your '19 has V4 mode (still?)
Your '21 has V8 mode, V7 mode, V6 mode, V5 mode, V4 mode, V3 mode, AND V2 mode.
(Not sure about 1-cylinder mode; the single cylinder would need to change each time to balance crank stresses.)

GM designed the OE exhaust to minimize audible detection of the mode changes.
Your exhaust is likely making it more audible.

If your mods released more power, then yes, that might allow even more use of cylinder deactivations.

I do not believe the ECM allows use of DFM in neutral, but I could be wrong.

In any case, are you considering the disabling of the AFM / DFM subroutines in your vehicles?
How long do you want to keep your '21 Denali and your '19 Silverado?
Auto stop works in neutral
Most people I know will PERMANENTLY disable the auto stop-start function. There are several devices on the market that do this. There's one that mounts under the hood that completely takes it away. My preference is another product that mounts behind the dash. It is super easy to install once you pop off part of the dash. A YouTube video shows you how to do this. On my GM vehicle it will permanently remember how I've pushed the override button for stop-start. Every time I start my car, I instantly get a display showing that stop-start has been disabled. Remember, this technology does NOTHING to improve gas mileage. It only helps with the unrealistic tests done by the EPA stop-start technology will wear out your engine faster, the sooner you get rid of it the better.
If I had the auto stop I would use a Capacitor bank at lest 2 of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts