Auto Level Max PSI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07DenaliDJC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the maximum PSI for the Auto Leveling shocks? I bypassed my compressor with a manual air line kit so I can fill the shocks with my garage compressor.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget where I found the info and the exact psi, but the compressor can pump up to ~130psi. Other info shows test pressures in the air sleeves on the shocks to be around 80psi. Next time you have it loaded, air it up to no more than 80psi and see where it sits. If your load is within factory capacities, the rear should be at the factory unloaded ride height with ~80 psi or less.

Jadalexm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you bypass the compressor and set it up to fill with shop air? That seems like a great idea. My Compressors bad and I don’t have the funds to replace it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you bypass the compressor and set it up to fill with shop air? That seems like a great idea. My Compressors bad and I don’t have the funds to replace it.

I didn't do it, but I've played around with the system enough to know that you can get something like this kit: https://www.amazon.com/AIR-LIFT-22007-Replacement-Hose/dp/B000CFO04U and slip the factory air lines inside those in this kit. It's been a while so I don't recall the specifics, but if the factory air lines connect to the compressor the same way they do to the shocks, then you can slip the factory line inside the Air Lift line and it'll hold without having to glue it.

So, you'd disconnect the line from the compressor and slip it inside the Air Lift hose (glue it if it doesn't have the flared end) and slip the Air Lift hose over the Schrader valve. Repeat for the other side's shock bag. Or, connect them together with the "T" and connect one Schrader valve to fill and drain both sides simultaneously. Personally, I'd keep 'em separate.

RedInCo

Reaction score
FYI, had some trouble with the air shocks on my 2010 Denali, and read the pressures with a Tech 2.

With some stuff in the back, I saw 25-31 PSI. With a heavy trailer hitched up but the weight distribution bars not yet connected, it made it to 150 before the hose blasted off of the air dryer (the retaining clip was AWOL).

OP
OP

07DenaliDJC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. Autozone sells an airshock line kit with a fill valve. Connectors right to the shocks with a T out to the fill valve.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
old thread I know. but thanks for the info. thread came up in a Google search for max psi. loading a car on the trailer first time for this yukon with the air. wasn't sure I had enough tongue weight, car seems far back. but pulled at the tech 2 and adjusted the car to 81psi, (it was 21 unloaded) seemed to drive fine without sway.

I'd hate to blow out 140k stock shocks a 1000miles from home lol. hopefully 80psi isn't to much when it's hitting bumps.