AudioControl Factory System Upgrade - 2018 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the 2018 Tahoe Z71 Midnight Texas Edition and I am about to start upgrading the audio system. I like the OEM audio setup, it just needs more bass in the rear and I also plan on amplifying the system and eventually replacing all factory speakers with higher quality ones. My question is, has anyone here tried upgrading their Tahoe with the LC7i or the LC8i unit from AudioControl? Anyone familiar with their units? I'm wanting to know which unit would be best for this system in order to keep all of the fade and balancing the same. Basically just keeping the system as is, but with preamp connections for not only all speakers but a preamp for adding in another sub and sub amp? All of your suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't have a speaker schematic, so I'm not even sure how many speakers are even in the truck from factory (haven't tried to look yet).

vishnu619

Reaction score
I would talk to LLJcustoms, and am thinking to do the same and they sell plug and play adapters as well as loop back harness to give power to the door speakers without having to run new wires.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that company mentioned above doesn't answer no matter how hard you try to make contact so unless you live near them good luck.

other than that you can buy adapters to do what you want the audiocontrol is not required
you can adapt from the stock amp output, you can adapt and bypass the stock amp entirely, your choice.
if you run off of the stock amp output it's cheap, if you want to bypass the stock amp the adapter runs about $350 if you shop around
if you want a dsp processor those all vary in price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz