Audio system comes on when door is opened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amx1pxp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ. Whenever a door is opened (any door) you can hear the cd/dvd player making noises inside. Seems to turn off eventually though I am not exactly sure how long ity stays on. Is this normal? Any way I can disable this function? Had some issues with battery going dead and have found a considerable parasitic loss that goes away when audio fuse it removed.

Thanks,
Paul

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to responses, I have the same sounds it seems, like the CD player is tracking anytime I open a door. Never had a battery issue, but don't want one either!

OP
OP
A

amx1pxp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes!! Bingo... that was the problem. I had no idea there was another CD drive with another CD hiding in there. Followed the instructions from the video and yanked the CD. Now when I open the door - silence! No more map function but I don't care (I have my phone). Still wondering though, is it supposed to do that?

Thanks a million!

OP
OP
A

amx1pxp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes!! Bingo... that was the problem. I had no idea there was another CD drive with another CD hiding in there. Followed the instructions from the video and yanked the CD. Now when I open the door - silence! No more map function but I don't care (I have my phone). Still wondering though, is it supposed to do that?

Thanks a million!
I thought it stopped but seems to be doing it again. I removed the CD but when you open the door can still hear it spinning inside. Is it supposed to do that?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
On 07-11 trucks that’s just the DVD Navi disc spinning up to load the data off the disc. All perfectly normal so you have instant access to use the Navi.

If it didn’t warm up when the key was turned on or alarm turning off you’d get a “loading” screen when you went to use the Navi. 12-14 units have a hard drive so no load up at door open. Yes there is a DVD ROM in the later HDD units of the Burb, Tahoe & Yuke but the major the majority of the data on that disc is loaded into its hard drive.

The Esky 12-14 HD units have an SD data card but they can’t pause live radio or download music to their HD memory like the HDD unit does.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of the reasons I yanked that archaic junk out and replaced it with a modern radio, noisy and annoying

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Detroit usually gives buyer’s outdated technology so they’ve got something new offer the following years. Being able to swap an OnStar module to add BT, 2g to 4g or WiFi to a vehicle, but not offer the upgrades (publicly) to customers stinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar