Sound from CD player when not on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the obscure subject line, but that's the best I could come up with. :sorrysign: Haha...

What's happening is that even when the truck is completely off, not even the RAP is active, there is this shuffling noise coming from inside the OEM navigation head unit. It sounds like it's stuck trying to play a CD even though there is none inside.

Since I'm assuming this is going on all the time, I'm sure it'll eventually have an impact for example on the battery. Probably not drawing a lot, but still...

Anybody ever had similar issue? Or any ideas as to how to get rid of it? I guess I could try disconnecting the battery for a bit to see if that helps...

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it every time the door is open as well. I use to be concerned about it but I seem to recall reading other posts of other peoples doing this as well then lost interest in it lol.

OP
OP
T

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... I've sat in it a couple of times doors closed and everything off for about 10-15 minutes, but still doing the same.

Very strange if that actually happens to others, too. Just doesn't seem right...

jpbplb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The noise you're hearing is from the navigation DVD. It is quite normal and I think it activates when you open the door. The navigation DVD is behind the screen.

OP
OP
T

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thought about it being the navigation, too. Still doesn't make any sense why it would be doing that. Oh well... Guess we'll just live with it, then.

andrew.hoff.146

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had an 07 burb ltz that did it and now have an 08 burb ltz that does it... Anyone have a fix or a "better" explanation as to why this it "normal"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255