****ATTURO TIRE WARNING****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to reach out to the community and let you guys know about the experience that I had with Atturo. I purchased a set of wheels and tires from Custom Offsets. The wheels and tires came mounted and balanced and shipped on a pallet and delivered via 18 wheeler. I did the lift and installed them with no real issue. Got an alignment, and all was good. Drove them just under 10k miles and decided to get another alignment, tire rotation and balance. Took the truck to the local dealership, Alignment was dead on, but when they went to balance, they found 3 of the 4 tires were "out of round". Basically explained it to me that 2 of them were really bad and the 3rd was in the "yellow". Apparently by dumb luck, I put the 2 that were really bad on the rear, and that was why I didnt really feel it. When they rotated them to the front, it was apparent and was causing vibration in the steering wheel. The dealership said that the tires being out of round could not have been anything that I could have caused, or could have been a result of the suspension of the truck......simply a manufacture defect. They suggested that I reach out, and see if they would warranty them (likely a pro-rate). I called Custom Offsets, and they started that process. After about a week, they responded and said that the manufacture would not cover anything.......not even a pro-rate. They did offer to sell me any set of tires at "their cost". I had them quote me a set of Nitto's.......and with as many tires and wheels as they sell, I figured that I would get some kind of deal......instead, they quoted me MORE than what the local dealership was.....NOT including shipping. Just a heads up, be careful when you make your purchase........I honestly really like the look of the Atturo tire and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were cheaper than the Nitto......but just pony up and buy a trusted brand....it will save you a bunch of headache, and a pocket full of money in the long run!

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a few people who have had great luck with the trail blades.. they are popular in the old jeep world I was in.
hopefully yours were a isolated batch defect. but it is kinda funny how people will spend big bucks on a nice set of wheels and get the cheapest ebay special tires put on them and wonder why there is 7oz of weight, they wear funny, or blow apart at highway speeds.

Not saying you did that, I was under the impression that Atturo was a decent tire..

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires are one thing never to skimp on. A bad or even mediocre tire can completely ruin a driving experience. I always find it odd how so many places that sell aftermarket wheels push cheap tires.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the heads up. I have that tire brand and have been experiencing wheel/ steering vibration l. But i just thought something in my suspension was going out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01