Atomic Fab/Viking Coilover Kit compared to Auto Ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any have the Atomic Fab/Viking coilover kit that came from Auto Ride and can give a review of how they drive in comparison? I'm not finding much on here. I'm pretty happy with the Auto Ride since I've replaced everything but these coilovers are really catching my attention and I'm wondering if they can provide better ride quality and potentially handling as well.

CamaroJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Z71 so I can't compare it to autoride, but it's more comfortable around town than my t bars and Bilstein 4600's were. Just be aware that tuning them will take some time, and you will likely have some bounce in your ride before you can tune it out. The way the shocks handle washboard roads is amazing - it's like they aren't even there.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't compare to the auto ride either but, as far as handling goes there's not much than a set of double-adjustable coil overs.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered just the front for now a couple weeks ago. I went with the Voyager shocks. Viking recommended either those or the Worrier triple adjustable based on ride quality being what I’m after. I went with the Voyager in hopes of the triples not being necessary so I can save the money. Hopefully it doesn’t handle any worse than it does now and I’ll be good. If not then I’ll have to buy the triples and put the Voyagers on my other truck.

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone done the TF rear kit but used it as a coil over rather then just the shocks and utilizing the separate coils?

Shannon

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious what is the difference between the Voyager and the Warrior? Different base valving?
“The Warriors are offered double or triple adjustable shocks that have fixed digressive compression and rebound valving. They are a good street/strip set up and generally work great on most applications up to 600-700 HP. The Crusaders are a competition specific shock that are also offered in double or triple adjustable. The main difference with the Crusaders is the interchangeable progressive rebound valving. There is 7 different rebound valving to select from based on HP level, intended use, suspension type, tire type, etc. Since this Crusader rebound valving can produce more aggressive force it has more robust internals.”

That was a quote directly from Viking tech on another forum I’m on.

Shannon

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

“The Warriors are offered double or triple adjustable shocks that have fixed digressive compression and rebound valving. They are a good street/strip set up and generally work great on most applications up to 600-700 HP. The Crusaders are a competition specific shock that are also offered in double or triple adjustable. The main difference with the Crusaders is the interchangeable progressive rebound valving. There is 7 different rebound valving to select from based on HP level, intended use, suspension type, tire type, etc. Since this Crusader rebound valving can produce more aggressive force it has more robust internals.”

That was a quote directly from Viking tech on another forum I’m on.

Shannon

Great info from both! I've been thoroughly impressed by Vikings products, price point, and dedication to the education of its customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu