Assistance appreciated - chasing codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
If your sensors are good and these numbers are accurate, this is definitely a catalytic converter issue.
O2S11(V): 0.42
O2S12(V): 0.055
O2S21(V): 0.045
O2S22(V): 0.040

I agree that the post cat numbers are lean and I wonder why there isn't a 137 or 420 code.

However, all of his codes are sensor 1 related.
Insufficient switching, heater circuit, high voltage, and no activity.

Id still really like to see the graphs at warm idle. Do you have any exhaust leaks? Have you checked your fuel pressure?

OP
OP
T

thdrill

Reaction score
I agree that the post cat numbers are lean and I wonder why there isn't a 137 or 420 code.

However, all of his codes are sensor 1 related.
Insufficient switching, heater circuit, high voltage, and no activity.

Id still really like to see the graphs at warm idle. Do you have any exhaust leaks? Have you checked your fuel pressure?

So

OP
OP
T

thdrill

Reaction score
So from what I can appreciate I do not see/hear any obvious exhaust leaks, I did have one earlier this year but it was after the muffler and I was able to patch. As for the fuel pressure I haven't taken a look at that.

Here are some of the pictures of the graph, unfortunately they are kinda grainy as I was taking a picture of the screen, but they definitely do not resemble anything close to the ideals previously posted.

O2S12.png O2S22.png O2S21.png IMAG0014.jpg

O2S11.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thdrill

Reaction score
Not Sure if it's related but I have also realized that intermittently I'll get in the truck and the radio clock has reset as if the battery was disconnected.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Not Sure if it's related but I have also realized that intermittently I'll get in the truck and the radio clock has reset as if the battery was disconnected.

Start checking and cleaning grounds. Under the battery, block to firewall, under drivers door.

OP
OP
T

thdrill

Reaction score
Sure could.

So progress may have been made, in chasing the ground issue I found some broken wires on the vehicle side of the 1/1 sensor connector. with putting in a wire nut to fix temporarily, and wow was that a *****, I seem to have cleared the P0134 from the MIL, Current, and Pending categories of the scanner. However i now am looking at an intermittent P1133 code that is not triggering the light...so progress. I am hoping that with replacing the wiring harness the 1133 will clear. Thank you all for your assist.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So progress may have been made, in chasing the ground issue I found some broken wires on the vehicle side of the 1/1 sensor connector. with putting in a wire nut to fix temporarily, and wow was that a *****, I seem to have cleared the P0134 from the MIL, Current, and Pending categories of the scanner. However i now am looking at an intermittent P1133 code that is not triggering the light...so progress. I am hoping that with replacing the wiring harness the 1133 will clear. Thank you all for your assist.

Good job. That's the insufficient switching code. Change the busted wiring, and then let's check the live data again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick