Arnott air shock life span?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning Forum!

What do you typically see for a life span of Arnott air shocks? I had a catastrophic air bag failure this weekend. Shocks are coming up on 3 years old.

OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought them off of Amazon, from BuyAutoParts. On Arnott's website the warranty is only for 2 years, I do see in the past they had a limited lifetime. I will give them a call. Thanks.

OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock height air shocks with a lift? Could that be why? They were forced to operate in a way in which they were not designed for long term durability?
Yes, I do have a 1" spacer on the rear springs, which could contribute. I don't do any driving that would cause extreme extension of the shocks and it is the air bladder that became detached, I would think over extending the shock due to the lift would cause issues with the shock internals, not the airbag. Had not thought of it though, thanks @swathdiver

OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arnott support is great. They told me they moved to the 2 year warranty about two years ago. My shocks are still under the limited lifetime (although my replacement will fall under the two year warranty). They instructed me to reach out to seller which is BuyAutoParts on Amazon, again quick response and happy to help. Downside is I will be without a shock for a few days, time to mutiny the sons car...

OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is a good time to swap in Moog coils and some Bilstein's??? Post some factory air ride parts for sale. I like the air ride (I have deleted the mangaride already) and it works great for the little towing I do, but looking to do more forest road camping and think coils/shocks would be more durable in that environment. Open for opinions.