Armrest wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white15

Reaction score
I can’t be the only one that wishes the arm rest still had wireless charging….right? It was just the perfect place to keep your phone to conveniently grab it and have it being charged. Is anyone Going to tackle trying to add mag safe or wireless charging on the 2021+ armrests while keeping the factory look?

I pulled off the rubber mat on the armrest and it doesn’t seem like the Apple MagSafe charger has enough magnetic strength to work through the rubber unfortunately…

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this and just waiting for some decent oHIo weather and time to install.

OP
OP
W

white15

Reaction score
I bought this and just waiting for some decent oHIo weather and time to install.

Oh wow! I’d love to hear how you like it after the install!… from Illinois here so get you in the weather lol!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kind of like it where it is, as I don't have to move the phone to open the console lid. That said, it kind of wastes a good spot to keep a little bucket of loose change, some chap stick, my boat keys, etc.

I actually tink a better place would be inside the center console...

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awaiting the truck to arrive on my 6.2 Yukon XL AT4 so I figured I'd register here.

I'll be designing a few 3d printed goodies for the new ride. One being a proper housing for the arm rest wifi charger. Have done the same in my last 2 ride: SD F250 and BMW M5. Will share images once ready of all items.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awaiting the truck to arrive on my 6.2 Yukon XL AT4 so I figured I'd register here.

I'll be designing a few 3d printed goodies for the new ride. One being a proper housing for the arm rest wifi charger. Have done the same in my last 2 ride: SD F250 and BMW M5. Will share images once ready of all items.
Designing something for inside the center console would be awesome

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Designing something for inside the center console would be awesome
Something to hold what type items? From my understanding, the sliding center console version is a different size than the non-sliding version..so that would be a factor as well. In my BMW M5, I designed sunglass holder, FOB holder, coin holder for $10 in quarters (never know when the urge to play an arcade game hits lol), wifi cell charger, rear diffuser fins, and front intake scoops. I have to design something for the little slider door area next to the head unit...seems like such a wasted space.

I will have a better feel for possible designs once it arrives.

P.S hand drawings/pics welcome to get my design juices flowing :)

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HA, I love when google brings me back to a forum where I've already posted looking for answers :p

I'm working with Fast_AT4 to print a MagSafe charger that fits into the top of the center console area, but maybe something that goes inside the space would be easier. I just want MagSafe to hold the phone in place and charge it. the Qi mats suck with the iPhone because it won't lie flat on the pad because the stupid camera bulge sticks out so dang far...