Are these problems related?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jakeo1962

Jakeo1962

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: Yukon returned yesterday with only a charge for oil change.
First off he said that the reason truck did what it did on the boat ramp is because most likely the "throttle Body" acting up so if it ever happens again to shut engine off and restart. He said they have a mind of their own and mine was still good...OK?
Emergency brake on this truck was disconnected by PO so the HAUNTING continues!
There is 1 fuel tank and if I don't overfill it won't leak so he filled to 3/4 tank, drove it and as of 50 miles, no leaks so I shall see.
I asked and there is one tank.....39 gallon.
This Gentleman knows I got "sc#$D" as he was the one I took it to the first day I owned it and has taken great care of me for 20 years plus so is very understanding.
I know his adult beverage of choice so through the back door I supply his fridge...LOL

OP
OP
Jakeo1962

Jakeo1962

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
8/8/2022 Haunted Yukon Update:
I drove truck approx 100 miles this week both hwy and city after filling fuel tank to full and not to overfill. No fuel leaks so believED I figured out if I don't let it fill until it clicks off I was ok.so far it is OK.
Yesterday I started and drove 1 mile and the "Engine Power Reduced" warning came up Again along with a NEW warning,"Oil pressure "something", STOP ENGINE....I Did.
I let it sit 5 minutes and oil pressure gauge was up to normal so I immediately drove it to the mechanic.
Monday (Today 8/8) mechanic called and said he got it to show engine power warning and he noticed oil pressure was down, he shut off and restarted and oil was up so drove into a bay. He's now going to replace the oil sending unit(?) , approx $200 and will call me back.
I must add, this mechanic is now the manager of a chain of auto centers and he and his employees are all certified and not just "newbies" When I first met him 20+ years ago he had his own shop but closed after finding good help was hard to find. He moved to the chain for benefits and less headaches of running his own shop.
This is a "play by play" as I am fed up with having a undependable vehicle and I Pray you good people can chime in with problems you have had like this.
THANKS FOR READING and understanding my position.............

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8/8/2022 Haunted Yukon Update:
I drove truck approx 100 miles this week both hwy and city after filling fuel tank to full and not to overfill. No fuel leaks so believED I figured out if I don't let it fill until it clicks off I was ok.so far it is OK.
Yesterday I started and drove 1 mile and the "Engine Power Reduced" warning came up Again along with a NEW warning,"Oil pressure "something", STOP ENGINE....I Did.
I let it sit 5 minutes and oil pressure gauge was up to normal so I immediately drove it to the mechanic.
Monday (Today 8/8) mechanic called and said he got it to show engine power warning and he noticed oil pressure was down, he shut off and restarted and oil was up so drove into a bay. He's now going to replace the oil sending unit(?) , approx $200 and will call me back.
I must add, this mechanic is now the manager of a chain of auto centers and he and his employees are all certified and not just "newbies" When I first met him 20+ years ago he had his own shop but closed after finding good help was hard to find. He moved to the chain for benefits and less headaches of running his own shop.
This is a "play by play" as I am fed up with having a undependable vehicle and I Pray you good people can chime in with problems you have had like this.
THANKS FOR READING and understanding my position.............
Your mechanic is doing exactly the right thing. Most likely the oil pressure sensor. Common issue.

OP
OP
Jakeo1962

Jakeo1962

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, I asked him to drive it home tonight to check it out......I'm losing my LOVE......LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout