Are there good HID lamp assemblies for Yukon XL Denali ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The spectrum described below is more for a 55w system. Different for a 35w
The power of the ballasts has nothing to do with the color output of the bulbs. 8 k bulbs in 35 watt ballasts are the same color if they’re used with 55 watt ballasts.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, thats a lot of work. I have Silverstars and they are fair at best. I turn on the parking lights during the daytime along with the fogs to save my silverstars.

What are "hockey puck LED;s ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, thats a lot of work. I have Silverstars and they are fair at best. I turn on the parking lights during the daytime along with the fogs to save my silverstars.

What are "hockey puck LED;s ?
naw, once you have set the HID's up it's a piece of cake, all that really matters is make sure the polarity is right and use good wiring and relays. I can change all of it out in almost the same amount of time as changing a bulb. I haven't cut any of the factory wiring it's all plug-n-play after the initial wiring install, no extra switches or tricks, headlights work just like normal only there better.
the hockey puck fogs lights I mentioned are these, I see the price has dropped back down, the price now is what I paid 3years ago, these are plug-n-play
don't let the pictures fool you these are very bright. these have worked flawlessly no dead led's, no flickering, no problem of any kind and there waterproof so if you drive through a flooded street or creek or whatever no worries
color output is 6000k there not yellow, I considered the Morimoto's for $300 but don't really care for the yellow light.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-2007-2...AOSw6kxdjEYD:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!95219!US!-1

Last edited:

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm i remember reading a while back that theres a small difference in color temp between the two.

The power of the ballasts has nothing to do with the color output of the bulbs. 8 k bulbs in 35 watt ballasts are the same color if they’re used with 55 watt ballasts.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm i remember reading a while back that theres a small difference in color temp between the two.
the only difference would be brighter light output due to more wattage, just like if you connect a standard headlight bulb to 9v then connect it to 12v it's just going to be brighter

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered the hockey pucks,,,
nice, when I saw the price was back to reasonable I ordered a set to keep as spares in case mine ever decide to take a dump, but even after a accident to the front bumper it didn't faze these at all, the trick to installing these is use a hook, grab the old lights with the hook from the front lip edge and just pull and maybe push from the back at the same time, they will just pop out, the replacements will pop in same way just line up the holes and push them in real firm

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I use my fogs alot during the day as drl by turning on my parking lights and the fogs to save my silverstars which do have shorter life expectancy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts