Are the Yukon and Tahoe door panels interchangeable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raymonte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any interior experts out there? I have a 2012 Tahoe LTZ and the drivers side door pull is trashed, as they are on many Tahoes. I just noticed the Yukon has a different door pull and I’m wondering if it’s stronger and if it fits my Tahoe. Also, the wood grain is a little different on the Tahoe and Yukon so I’m wondering if the window switch panel is interchangeable too.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are. Depending on the year, the trim pieces for the window switches might be different, but the panel itself fits

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any interior experts out there? I have a 2012 Tahoe LTZ and the drivers side door pull is trashed, as they are on many Tahoes. I just noticed the Yukon has a different door pull and I’m wondering if it’s stronger and if it fits my Tahoe. Also, the wood grain is a little different on the Tahoe and Yukon so I’m wondering if the window switch panel is interchangeable too.
Yes they are interchangeable. I don't know if one is stronger than the other.

As kee stated, the door switches are different. To be more specific, the trim/bezel around the switches is shaped differently starting in 2011. so if you were to get a 2007-2010 panel, you would need to maek sure you have a 2007-2010 bezel so that it fits properly. The switch assembly (electrical) themselves are exactly the same. So its a matter if getting the correct trim piece i.e. wood grain that goes on top of the switch assembly.

Last edited:

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Yukon and the door panels are definitely the weakest I have ever experienced in a truck/vehicle. And that's from personal experience. Take it from me...don't go with Yukon interior doors panels. You can thank later!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I never noticed that the panels were different between GMC and Chevrolet. What I do know is that the LTZ and Denali trims have nicer panels then the lower trim levels and...

the 2007-2009 trim panels, regardless of trim level, have a smaller, stronger door pull that does not break like the 2010-2014 models.

So, get yourself a pair earlier panels, the trim for the switches is smaller but the switch panel drops right in.

I am fairly certain that the Escalade's panels follow along the same lines.

ccole

Reaction score
The Escalade panels dropped in well in my 07 LTZ. You also need the sail panels as they are different and held in with a single clip. The part of the panel that meets with the dash is shaped slightly different but it's not noticeable. The leather and speakers grills add some class to the doors. My main reasoning was for the metal speaker grill over the thick plastic. Less impact on the sound potentially.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are different but they will all "work." The Tahoe and Yukon SLT door panels are all rubber, the Yukon Denali door panels have leather on the arm rest and above, the Escalade door panels have leather on the arm rest above and below depending on the year. The early door panels (2007-2009) have a much better design as far as strength but they do stick out more so if you need that space to spread out that is something to think about. You cannot use Escalade door panels on a Tahoe or Yukon unless you don't care about losing your heated/ventilated seat buttons. Those are on the HVAC control on an Escalade and not on the door panels like a Tahoe or Yukon and the holes for the inside door handles are physically smaller (for sure on the passenger door panel, I never bothered to measure the driver door panel but it might accept the Tahoe/Yukon handle).

If you want to swap to the 2007-2009 panels, you will need new switch bezels which are all discontinued now so I found the cheapest ones I could find and am having them painted satin black, and you will need to replace the threaded plate that the 10mm bolts below the door handle go into with the j-clips from the early ones as well (no one mentions this that I've seen) since the metal plate stick out and the early door panel doesn't have clearance for it like the later does. I literally just did this conversion on my 12 but my switch bezels are still in paint.

OP
OP
R

Raymonte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input and advice. Based on what I’m reading, I’ll try to find a 2007-2009 LTZ panel at a junkyard with a nice looking switch panel. I think the wood grain is the same (Yukon looks darker, and different grain pattern), I noticed some years were longer/shorter in a different thread so that’s why I asked. I was looking at used cars on auto trader and saw that the door pull was different. I’ll see if I can find some pics and post links.

OP
OP
R

Raymonte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, here’s a couple examples. On top is an LTZ, it seems that is the standard for all 2007-2014 LTZ’s and 2010-2014 Denali’s. The bottom pic is a 2007 Denali and it seems they look that way through 2009. That’s based on a little light, preliminary research, I could be a bit off. The Denali is a little more fancy in 2007 though. My LTZ switch panel is shaped different and the Denali wood grain is different so even though the Denali door panel is a little nicer I think I’ll try to find on 07-09 LTZ door panel at the junkyard.

Thanks again

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Or you could go crazy and take the entire door if you had an exact color match. Not likely, but just say’n

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep