Are PPV brakes better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18R2246 OR 18R2246PV ?

Do PPV brake calipers provide better stopping power? Same piston size?

And I know PPV brake pads are different, but are they interchangeable with regular pads?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the ppv brakes are not really all that much different, I believe they have heavy duty seals but that's about it. the pads are the same size the pad material is semi metallic.
the semi metallic may stand up to heat a little better than others but they do not last long depending on how you drive I wore a rear set out in less than a year.
I bought these for the front and use them with some Baer erradisped rotors and ceramic pads
rockk.JPG

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPV are semi-metallic which have a higher coefficient of friction vs ceramic. They may be dustier, but they do stop better

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same ones that Doubledive showed.. I haven't installed them yet, but
they are in the house! I'm going to do the caliper brake lines/ pads/ powerstop rotors
at the same time.. My brakes have been holding up ok, so I've put it off..
I looked at RA and couldn't find the ones i bought a while ago.. So maybe they are
back in stock now.
They are just a heavy duty version w good coating on them. They won't necessarily
have better stopping power, but they'll be "new" and hold up to towing better (i think)
than the original calipers

dpick1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What I could tell from my bit of research.
PPV rated calipers have silicone seals vs regular calipers having epdm rubber seals. The silicone will hold up against higher heat better then epdm. That is all I could see was the real difference and Rotors from what I could tell were high carbon, meaning they could dissipate heat better? Correct if I’m wrong. Also the pads were all semi-metallic, which offered better stopping power. All the pads I could find from Raybestos, powerstop (top cop) and one other I think Wagner. Said the materials could withstand much higher temps too. Like Wagner Claims 1000f degrees. This is all I found out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401