1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are keys and new shocks needed to remove rake?

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by nimrod.sixty9, Oct 16, 2020.

1. nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9 Hold on, I got this.

Name:
    Steve
    I have a Z71 and Im not necessarily looking to lift, but rather just remove the forward rake. Just level with a little more room to get under the truck without a jack. Will I need new keys and shocks to do this? Or can I just crank the stock keys? Im worried that it being a Z71 it has just maxed out keys already.

2. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Look and see how much bolt you have left to crank your keys. The only reason you would need new keys is if you are out of threads on your jack bolts.

Assuming you still have threads left to go, you should be good to lift the front end up the 1”-2” to level things out. Just make sure you do the cranking with your front wheels off the ground.

Not knowing the history of what may have been done already makes it a little tough to say for sure.

Joseph Garcia likes this.
  3. Galante

Galante Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    Like wade said, if you have threads left crank them up... count how many turns you go in case you want to come back for some reason. Some guys don’t like the ride or then then the rear sags more if you weigh it down. It never affected me in my 01 but to each their own. You may have more threads to go on the passenger side since the driver side leans a little more due always having a driver, fuel tank etc. regardless crank them the same amount of turns. Measure ground to fender lip through center of wheel on both sides before and after, this will give you a good idea of how much you went up.

wjburken and Joseph Garcia like this.