Anyone with 7-9 lift? Question on tie rods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McLeod Crouch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 7-9 FTS lift and need to change the tie rods but the tie rods they have are 250 bucks. Does anyone run anything else that I'm not aware of? I know that regular tie-rods are too long and have to be cut but not a big fan of that. I just wanna drop it off at a shop and let them change them out while im at work.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 7-9 FTS lift and need to change the tie rods but the tie rods they have are 250 bucks. Does anyone run anything else that I'm not aware of? I know that regular tie-rods are too long and have to be cut but not a big fan of that. I just wanna drop it off at a shop and let them change them out while im at work.
Don't know of any, just had our new ones cut down 1/2 inch on each piece and are using RC Tie Rod Sleeves to replace the Jam Nut, to beef them up. No safety issues after 8 years, they were just wore out.

Backwoodz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not dangerous to cut the OE tie rods...I do it 2 or 3 times a week and never had a single problem. Just make sure you don't cut too much or you'll waste a brand new set of tie rods. The difference with the tie rods that come with the lifts whether it's fts or fabtech or whoever is that they're shorter but threaded deeper. The length of thread is about the same as OE...it just runs closer to the end of the tie rod so that the overall length is shorter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972