Anyone used Bushwacker OEM flares ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belair62

Reaction score
Just picked up an 11 Tahoe. Very nicely kept but its getting some rust popping on both rear wheel well lips. Was thinking of doing the fender flare rust repair but not sure what the best choice is. Ideally not as tall as the Z71 style . Looking for some opinions ! First post and I am an old fart so go easy on me ?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an 11 Tahoe. Very nicely kept but its getting some rust popping on both rear wheel well lips. Was thinking of doing the fender flare rust repair but not sure what the best choice is. Ideally not as tall as the Z71 style . Looking for some opinions ! First post and I am an old fart so go easy on me ?
Seems most dealerships are using those flares to hide rust on these trucks these days, good way to spot a vehicle to avoid.

If yours were mine, I'd fix it right. I am a fan of the Z71 look on your generation truck though!

OP
OP
belair62

belair62

Reaction score
Seems most dealerships are using those flares to hide rust on these trucks these days, good way to spot a vehicle to avoid.

If yours were mine, I'd fix it right. I am a fan of the Z71 look on your generation truck though!
To do it right would mean patch panels but around Chicago that means a shit ton of money. If I was confident this Ls would go 300k I would do it. My concern on the Bushwackers is the rea flares. Seems like there are 3 pieces for each rear wheel well, door, quarter and bumper cover. Looking at their website the say 2 piece rear which would leave it looking like something is missing without the bumper cover piece. I have an email in to them to clarify. I like the look of the flares but definitely would prefer metal work if it was reasonable.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at online pictures.. the rear quarter panel and rear bumper are one piece.

OP
OP
belair62

belair62

Reaction score
Looking at online pictures.. the rear quarter panel and rear bumper are one piece.

Thanks for that. Hopefully I get an answer from then about the OEM style. Makes sense if they are one piece too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To do it right would mean patch panels but around Chicago that means a shit ton of money. If I was confident this Ls would go 300k I would do it. My concern on the Bushwackers is the rea flares. Seems like there are 3 pieces for each rear wheel well, door, quarter and bumper cover. Looking at their website the say 2 piece rear which would leave it looking like something is missing without the bumper cover piece. I have an email in to them to clarify. I like the look of the flares but definitely would prefer metal work if it was reasonable.
Scott with Vehcor is in your area, Lamont, and he's reasonable and an expert body man.

OP
OP
belair62

belair62

Reaction score
Looks like Bushwacker priced up to 699 for the set . Found a set on Amazon for 422. Picked them up at that price and mocked them up. The metalwork is a ton so I think I will have a friend base/clear them and pop them on and use them . Pretty well made and fit is dead on

Attachments

• E25A46EE-CE10-4CA3-AB46-3C5A2E87A5D7.jpeg
    E25A46EE-CE10-4CA3-AB46-3C5A2E87A5D7.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr