Anyone swap out LED's in all the switches and accent lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw an ad on eBay for some LED conversions... Some you send in, some you do yourself...

has anyone done this?

I want to swap all of my lit up switches to red, just wondering how hard it is and what bulbs I need to buy to do it right.

$_57.JPG

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah it's been done. It's kinda a pain and it's really small solder points.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:jester: nope, in the 15 years these rides have been out, no one has done it. you will be the first! LOL!

YEa bud, ALOT of people have, there is a ton of write ups, videos and people to do it for avalible.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:jester: nope, in the 15 years these rides have been out, no one has done it. you will be the first! LOL!

YEa bud, ALOT of people have, there is a ton of write ups, videos and people to do it for avalible.

I deserve that... haha.

Just wanted someone's opinion on if they would do it again after going through the motions...

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it to my silverado, probably won't do it to the Suburban, but after enough dash bulbs burn out and start to drive me crazy I might break down and do it again. The worst was the gauge cluster and the headlight switch. The rest were fairly easy.

slogging

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's plenty vids on youtube I just need to know what bulb sizes especially for the seat warming switches

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3mm leds in the door switches. IIRC they are already LED in there so you don't need resistors. I used 12V leds for the dash switches (again 3mm) and gauge cluster (5mm).

One other thing to note is the gauge cluster and some of the switches have a blue painted film on the back side, so if you put white leds in everything the colors won't match. If you use some other color it can usually overpower the painted color and make the difference not as apparent. If I do it again I will probably do either green or blue.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not use RGBW or plain RGB led's and strips.
Use a RF remote and you can control the color on the fly to all of your lights.

Use old Cat 5 cable and JST plugs. Rip out the wires and use it to connect all the various "modules" aka switches to 2 or even one RGBW LED control box.

Want green today? press green button. want red? etc...

Very simple to do.
-------
This setup allows for multiple zones. controlled viia one remote.
Zone one, doors.
Zone two, all dash.
Zone three, overhead lights.
Zone four, under body, under dash, under seats, etc..
RF RGBW controllers and remote
------

Single zone controllers.

RGB RF controller

better RF RGB controller.

heat shrink tubing

RGBW Led stip

RGB Led Strip

Last edited:

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a pain in the ass with those little switches. It would be worth it to send them all in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas