Anyone ordering an 2018 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the lead times are around 8-10 weeks and have been consistent for us when ordering our PPV/SSVs.

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hopefully ours gets off the truck today. Worst case Monday were told. It’ll need to get the leather done and we are trying to track down some 2018 take off 22s but it’s looking like we’re going to end up buying brand new ones. Really like the look of the factory wheels

Brett

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dash is great with the new radio too. No complaints about it yet. It does have some weird deflectors on the lower a arms I have never seen before though. Don’t know if they are to direct air to the engine compartment for cooling or what?

Brett

8FAB3FF0-CB63-431A-9150-FC33F277FB34.jpeg

DaBigBR

Reaction score
My '15 is tungsten metallic. Great color.

What is the material on the edges of the seats? It looks shiny and maybe a little cheap.

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '15 is tungsten metallic. Great color.

What is the material on the edges of the seats? It looks shiny and maybe a little cheap.

It’s the stitching for the seats. It matches the consoles stitching. I’ll try to get better pics. In person it looks great and can pass for factory quality.

My wife loves this so far and likes the ride. Coming from a lifted 13 F250 it’s an improvement

Brett

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe has been great except for the mileage. Currently at 1300 miles and was buried in the red on E and the tank only had 370 miles on it. Figure speedo is off 10% that would put me at around 400 miles on a tank. We mostly do highway driving at 65 and use cruise. Been like this since new but figured it was just me having fun for a bit. Actually tried for mileage last two tanks and keep coming up way short.

Any ideas? This is terrible

Brett

DaBigBR

Reaction score
Tahoe has been great except for the mileage. Currently at 1300 miles and was buried in the red on E and the tank only had 370 miles on it. Figure speedo is off 10% that would put me at around 400 miles on a tank. We mostly do highway driving at 65 and use cruise. Been like this since new but figured it was just me having fun for a bit. Actually tried for mileage last two tanks and keep coming up way short.

Any ideas? This is terrible

Brett

My 2015 came with a tank of E85 and was garbage on that fuel. What are you putting in it? My lifetime average on the 2015 with 75/25 highway/city is in the 18 range mostly on E10/E15 87 octane.

Did you have the BCM reprogrammed for the wheels? If not, you're likely seeing a big difference, and that difference is magnified the faster you go. When I got the 2015 and put LT 20" wheels on it, the dealer claimed they had reprogrammed the BCM, but a GPS speedometer app confirmed they had not. I went back and they took care of it.

If your speedometer is not properly calibrated, take your rig in and get that fixed. It's worth the money. You're creating a problem down the road when you go to sell and the true mileage is off.

OP
OP
R

rustyshakelford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 came with a tank of E85 and was garbage on that fuel. What are you putting in it? My lifetime average on the 2015 with 75/25 highway/city is in the 18 range mostly on E10/E15 87 octane.

Did you have the BCM reprogrammed for the wheels? If not, you're likely seeing a big difference, and that difference is magnified the faster you go. When I got the 2015 and put LT 20" wheels on it, the dealer claimed they had reprogrammed the BCM, but a GPS speedometer app confirmed they had not. I went back and they took care of it.

If your speedometer is not properly calibrated, take your rig in and get that fixed. It's worth the money. You're creating a problem down the road when you go to sell and the true mileage is off.

We’re running reg 87 octane. We swap between the 22s and stock 17s. Bought an extra set of TPMS for the new wheels. I’m not going to be going to the dealer every time I swap for them to adjust the tire size. Just isn’t practical as we are every bit of an hour away.

Been looking for a programmer to change the tire size as needed. I think the tranny is struggling with the extra load the larger wheels add. It just drives different. From my research the civilian tahoes come with the 3.08 gears too. The z71 gets the 3.42s. With these being a stock size wheel and tire and the gearing being stock civy the trans being confused is the only thing that makes sense to me. It’s much more fun with the 17s

Brett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh