Anyone know of a good front end steering/suspension kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Stabs are good for lifts with big tires but they hide steering problems from wear in components. yours is stock now so no need for one. just fix any soft or damaged bushings or hard steering parts.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stabs are good for lifts with big tires but they hide steering problems from wear in components. yours is stock now so no need for one. just fix any soft or damaged bushings or hard steering parts.

Thanks a lot...just wasn't sure if it made a difference.
I do have slightly bigger tires than stock...I have 285's on instead of the 265's.
But I didn't think that would require a stabilizer.
Thanks for the help.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did...thank you. I just dont know if I feel comfortable taking this on myself.

Its not that difficult of a job. If you have basic mechanical skills, you can do it.

I'm going to give it a try, seeing the results are all posotive, its worth a try.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I replaced the steering wheel speed sensor today, and WOW...what a HUGE difference!!! I highly recommend this replacement for anyone having any sloppy steering issues. It firmed up my steering right away. As well, I had squeeking when I would turn my wheel left or right...that is gone too!
A massive difference in steering response, with slow driving, and high speeds.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out..you guys are SO helpful!
I hope this post can help others out with their steering issues.
Thanks again!

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brewcity said:
Hey guys...I replaced the steering wheel speed sensor today, and WOW...what a HUGE difference!!! I highly recommend this replacement for anyone having any sloppy steering issues. It firmed up my steering right away. As well, I had squeeking when I would turn my wheel left or right...that is gone too!
A massive difference in steering response, with slow driving, and high speeds.
Thanks to everyone who helped me out..you guys are SO helpful!
I hope this post can help others out with their steering issues.
Thanks again!

How do you replace this sensor?

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found it. I got my sensor on Amazon for $23.00 with free 2 day shipping.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar