Anyone know of a good front end steering/suspension kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...Moog seems the way to go.
Anyway...so, out of curiosity...I took my truck to get the front suspension/steering checked out at Firestone where I got my Revo's. The service was free, and the mechanic came back and told me he could not see anything wrong with anything in my front steering or suspension, and that the alignment is dead on! VERY surprising.
Any thoughts on why my truck has such sloppy steering if everything looks good in the front? I can turn my steering wheel about an inch both ways before the tires respond.
Thanks, as always, for the advice and help.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brewcity said:
Yeah...Moog seems the way to go.
Anyway...so, out of curiosity...I took my truck to get the front suspension/steering checked out at Firestone where I got my Revo's. The service was free, and the mechanic came back and told me he could not see anything wrong with anything in my front steering or suspension, and that the alignment is dead on! VERY surprising.
Any thoughts on why my truck has such sloppy steering if everything looks good in the front? I can turn my steering wheel about an inch both ways before the tires respond.
Thanks, as always, for the advice and help.

Seems we might have the same truck lol, mine does the same and it's had the steering box and pitman arm replaced. Alignment is spot on too. I have an inch of play in both directions just like yours.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems we might have the same truck lol, mine does the same and it's had the steering box and pitman arm replaced. Alignment is spot on too. I have an inch of play in both directions just like yours.

What the heck!! I just dont get it!
I have not done anything with my steering box yet...but I probably shouldnt if you did, and nothing changed.
Very frustrating...if you find the fix...PLEASE let me know. I will do the same.
Any other thoughts from you experts out there to help us both out?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No way, this cant be, we all have the same truck. Hah.

I did the same thing but, I brought it to several shops. Even a private "local" guy. Noone found anything wrong.
This has been an ongoing problem for me, the slop is rediculous.
This is also a popular topic over here http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...how-i-got-rid-my-steering-slop-cheap-obs.html
Doing a search and it seems to be a popular fix and it works. Debating whether or not to try it. I dont have anything to lose.

JenneK,
They are nice, unfortunately they are not for our vehicles. 99 + NBS Chevys. Unless I didnt see them listed for our trucks.

OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steering shaft half's are likely worn.

Thanks Sun...what about putting on a steering stabilizer?
Would that help? I have read through some of the forum posts about this, and it seems to help keep the truck in line and straight...especially on th highway, which is were it is REALLY bad for me.
Any thoughts on this?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brewcity

Brewcity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to look at the link I posted?

I have seen one person put a steering stabilizer, he has since removed it. That was a long time ago to.
Mine seems to amplified on the highway as well. Kinda scary to be honest.

I did...thank you. I just dont know if I feel comfortable taking this on myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts